Talking Heads and Announcers

saltysenior

Team Owner
why do they, even during a race , referer to the drivers with their full names ???? glad Elliot-Forbes Robinson does not race ..

...they don't, they say last names only all the time

Of all the things to complain about in NASCAR, especially regarding the broadcast booth, THAT is what stands out to you?
senior.PNG

1620701080899.png

Truthfully the only people they really go full name on all the time, is someone like Kurt and Kyle Busch. You can’t just say Kyle because they are more than one of them. Can’t say Busch because they for two of those.

A lot of other times it’s “Truex to the lead.”

“Larson in the wall.”

“ Hamlin chokes again.”

On behalf of the Cooter Johnsons Juniors The IIIs and Dingleberries Racing Motorsports Engineering Enterprises Missions Projects Associates Alliance Coalition, and so forth non-incorporated Foundation we appreciate announcers and talking heads that are respectful enough to mention the entire name.

It just seems superficial to only mention part of the name. Some of them even ostentatiously come up an acronym which betrays the earnest humble selfless understared nature of work at the Cooter Johnsons Juniors The IIIs and Dingleberries Racing Motorsports Engineering Enterprises Missions Projects Associates Alliance Coalition, and so forth non-incorporated Foundation.

Lots of new threads popping up in the last 24 hours.

There’s been a lot of new threads lately. Some would say too many

Anytime there is announcers thread I just have to say that Barney Hall was the best there ever was, and ever will be.

Anytime there is announcers thread I just have to say that Barney Hall was the best there ever was, and ever will be.
It takes a special type of announcer to brings sports of any type so alive on radio. I can't think of anyone who did that medium any better.

I really miss Ken Squier and Eli Gold too.

Jenkins!
Buddy Parsons! I could listen to Benny all day. What a great guy. funny, knowledgeable

The bull**** ending today covered up the unacceptable and horrid Fox coverage. They didn't report who started on wets. That is easy, and inexcusable. I thought that MTJ had come to life, but it was more that he had the tires to do so. I watched incorrectly because Jeff Freaking Gordon and Clint Idiot Bower are yucking it up like they are sitting on the back end of a John Deere drinking beer. Shut the **** up, and call the damn race. Get the drivers out of the booth, and get professional sports broadcasters in there. Bring Larry Mac back right now. I have had it with this ****. You get a guy in the booth who doesn't know the sport, guess what he has to do....study it. Those guys were unprepared, and Joy just tries to yuck it up with them. He looks like an old dude trying to get into a frat party. Fire the producers. They didn't understand wet weather tire wear either.

The bull**** ending today covered up the unacceptable and horrid Fox coverage. They didn't report who started on wets. That is easy, and inexcusable. I thought that MTJ had come to life, but it was more that he had the tires to do so. I watched incorrectly because Jeff Freaking Gordon and Clint Idiot Bower are yucking it up like they are sitting on the back end of a John Deere drinking beer. Shut the **** up, and call the damn race. Get the drivers out of the booth, and get professional sports broadcasters in there. Bring Larry Mac back right now. I have had it with this ****. You get a guy in the booth who doesn't know the sport, guess what he has to do....study it. Those guys were unprepared, and Joy just tries to yuck it up with them. He looks like an old dude trying to get into a frat party. Fire the producers. They didn't understand wet weather tire wear either.
They did announce who had started the race on wet tires.

:XXROFL:

The coverage was pretty awful today but I’m not sure you tuned in early enough. There was plenty of coverage of the first pit stops when teams put on wets and everyone else started on slicks.

The coverage was pretty awful today but I’m not sure you tuned in early enough. There was plenty of coverage of the first pit stops when teams put on wets and everyone else started on slicks.
They reported three cars on wets. 37, 47, and the 34.

They reported three cars on wets. 37, 47, and the 34.
Maybe you missed the camera footage of all the cars that came down pit road prior to the green? TV is a visual medium. Play by play type commentary isn't really necessary.

Maybe you missed the camera footage of all the cars that came down pit road prior to the green? TV is a visual medium. Play by play type commentary isn't really necessary.
Agreed. Fire Gordon and Bowyer. Thank you. Joy can stay. He will settle down.

Back
Top Bottom