Talking Heads and Announcers

Gordon and Bowyer have an awesome chemistry together and I really enjoy listening to them in the booth or on pit road interviewing other drivers. My hats off to Fox for bringing them on board.
You have your opinion. I have mine. We are looking for different things. I like insight.

no they didn't. They reported it multiple times as Truex moved up.thru the field all the way up to 5th from the back
Yeah, after he had freaking gain 500 spots! By the time they reported it I took advantage of the visual medium @ChexOrWrex talks about and figured it out for myself. They had three cars on wets going to green. Would have ben fun to anticipate his advantage at that point, but I didn't know he had one until he had taken advantage of it.

Yeah, after he had freaking gain 500 spots! By the time they reported it I took advantage of the visual medium @ChexOrWrex talks about and figured it out for myself. They had three cars on wets going to green. Would have ben fun to anticipate his advantage at that point, but I didn't know he had one until he had taken advantage of it.
They said 5 cars had wets. Probably not a good idea to get drunk when watching a Nascar race

They said 5 cars had wets. Probably not a good idea to get drunk when watching a Nascar race
21 minutes and 22 seconds in. Hit rewind if you know how to use your remote. Three cars. Have a good night.

Yep they put the fun back in the booth. Buddy Baker didn't have the same style, but it was fun listening to that bunch also. Entertaining/relaxing compared to the Gerbils

I've watched the last few outside at a brewery with music cranked. I can call the race for myself. I do miss the little bits of in car radio stuff. What I miss I pick up on DBC.

The talking heads do way too much talking. We don't need 3 commentators especially when there are seemingly dozens of pre-race, post-race, pit reporters, and everything else in-between.

1 former driver, 1 color commentator, 1 pit reporter, and 1 technical reporter (Larry Mac) is more than enough. There is no reason why those 4 couldn't also be the pre and post-race people either...especially if we went back to a 5 minute pre race and 10 minute post race style of coverage. There's too many cooks in the kitchen these days

Thread needs Danielle Trotta
3.jpg

The FOX booth isnt perfect, but I don’t mind them.

Jeff and Clint have legitimate chemistry which makes them enjoyable to listen too. They yuck it up a little too much sometimes. Especially good ol’boy Bowyer. But they are refreshing compared to years past. With Jeff being dry, and DW playing out the dumb redneck bit 5 years longer than he should’ve. Mike Joy is still the best in the business, but his best years are behind him. He struggles to keep up with the other two.

NBC is a trainwreck. I’m dreading the second half of the season simply because of them. They say everytime a gerbil gets squeak voice...a racer gets his PLAYOFF POINT!!

Rick Allen is the absolute worst. Burton is ESPN Rusty levels of expendable. Letarte is on the spectrum. It’s a wonder that dude ever won Cup races as a CC. And as much as I love Dale...he should stick to his podcast.

That entire production needs to go back to the drawing board.

Jeff and Clint have legitimate chemistry which makes them enjoyable to listen too. They yuck it up a little too much sometimes. Especially good ol’boy Bowyer. But they are refreshing compared to years past. With Jeff being dry, and DW playing out the dumb redneck bit 5 years longer than he should’ve. Mike Joy is still the best in the business, but his best years are behind him. He struggles to keep up with the other two.

NBC is a trainwreck. I’m dreading the second half of the season simply because of them. They say everytime a gerbil gets squeak voice...a racer gets his PLAYOFF POINT!!

Rick Allen is the absolute worst. Burton is ESPN Rusty levels of expendable. Letarte is on the spectrum. It’s a wonder that dude ever won Cup races as a CC. And as much as I love Dale...he should stick to his podcast.

Ideally I would love Bowyer and Joy in the booth for Fox, with Larry Mac as tech/rules analyst and Gordon as pit reporter. Fox isn't awful but they could be better.

NBC is a train wreck. Bring in Kyle Petty and Allen Bestwick

I feel FOX Sports is lacking this year on pit road because of only having 2 pit reporters, I think 3 is ideal, in my opinion of course.
I embrace opposing opinions and have actually enjoyed Fox more this year than in well over a decade. I miss the pit reporter sprinting from one box to another with a live mic and commentating with minimal/no notice.

I embrace opposing opinions and have actually enjoyed Fox more this year than in well over a decade. I miss the pit reporter sprinting from one box to another with a live mic and commentating with minimal/no notice.
Ive enjoyed FOX less this year outside of the addition of Bowyer, It is what it is, thankfully the beat reporters for NASCAR post on social media a lot of the stuff that the pit reporters miss.

Yep they put the fun back in the booth. Buddy Baker didn't have the same style, but it was fun listening to that bunch also. Entertaining/relaxing compared to the Gerbils
I loved Buddy. He was the reason that I subscribed to NASCAR Radio. Big difference between what is in the booth now. He wasn't looking for the next cute line. He just told it like it was. Just like Benny. Gordon looks to be cute when he isn't cheering for his own team, and Clint is a frat boy looking for a good time. Mike Joy is the only professional in that booth. Gordon isn't good. His fanbase carries him....but as a broadcaster, he struggles every week, and adds very little insight.

Ive enjoyed FOX less this year outside of the addition of Bowyer, It is what it is, thankfully the beat reporters for NASCAR post on social media a lot of the stuff that the pit reporters miss.
I think they need two non-insiders and a former driver. Two drivers/insiders makes the broadcast amateur. Somebody should have dangled cash in front of Knaus. He would be incredible

The talking heads do way too much talking. We don't need 3 commentators especially when there are seemingly dozens of pre-race, post-race, pit reporters, and everything else in-between.

1 former driver, 1 color commentator, 1 pit reporter, and 1 technical reporter (Larry Mac) is more than enough. There is no reason why those 4 couldn't also be the pre and post-race people either...especially if we went back to a 5 minute pre race and 10 minute post race style of coverage. There's too many cooks in the kitchen these days
Boom.

Put me on record for saying that DW sucked.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Love him. Serious about the sport. Goofy to lighten things up. Technically sufficient. Gordon is forced. Bowyer is horrible. Don't get me wrong, I love Clint....but not 3-4 hours of Clint.

I think Rick Allen is fine. Letarte is mediocre. Burton is impossible to listen to. Dale Junior is the next Buddy/Benny IMO. He is fabulous. Give me Allen Bestwick, Junior, and Larry Mac in my booth and heavy doses of Tim Brewer in my Tech Garage.

Love him. Serious about the sport. Goofy to lighten things up. Technically sufficient. Gordon is forced. Bowyer is horrible. Don't get me wrong, I love Clint....but not 3-4 hours of Clint.

I think Rick Allen is fine. Letarte is mediocre. Burton is impossible to listen to. Dale Junior is the next Buddy/Benny IMO. He is fabulous. Give me Allen Bestwick, Junior, and Larry Mac in my booth and heavy doses of Tim Brewer in my Tech Garage.

I think Bowyer and to an extent Gordon are fine when they stick to just the driving and what the cars are doing. Anything beyond that becomes grating really quick. I do concede that Gordon's obvious homerism for HMS is a conflict of interest and an major hinderance for most fans. If he wants to stay heavily involved in HMS, he needs to go on the media side.

As for NBC, I wish Junior would be the Dale Jr. Download version of Jr. It's like NBC is in his ear and screwing him up like Fox did to DW. Download Jr is comfortable, relaxed and genuinely passionate about the sport.

I really feel bad for people too young to have experienced a booth like Ned Jarrett, Bob Jenkins, and Benny Parsons. Pure class and professionalism. No 2 hours of prerace fluff either. Noon or 12:30 race came on, one or two very quick story lines, starting lineup introduced during pace laps, and we're off.

I think Bowyer and to an extent Gordon are fine when they stick to just the driving and what the cars are doing. Anything beyond that becomes grating really quick. I do concede that Gordon's obvious homerism for HMS is a conflict of interest and an major hinderance for most fans. If he wants to stay heavily involved in HMS, he needs to go on the media side.

As for NBC, I wish Junior would be the Dale Jr. Download version of Jr. It's like NBC is in his ear and screwing him up like Fox did to DW. Download Jr is comfortable, relaxed and genuinely passionate about the sport.

I really feel bad for people too young to have experienced a booth like Ned Jarrett, Bob Jenkins, and Benny Parsons. Pure class and professionalism. No 2 hours of prerace fluff either. Noon or 12:30 race came on, one or two very quick story lines, starting lineup introduced during pace laps, and we're off.
Well said. Benny was the perfect blend of everything all of these guys are trying to be.

I liked DW too.

I really haven't had any problems with any of them until NBC thought us fans should be water boarded and brainwashed in regards to the Chase which isn't that popular in the first place. They have probably turned more against it than they have attracted to it with their endless constant yapping

I really haven't had any problems with any of them until NBC thought us fans should be water boarded and brainwashed in regards to the Chase which isn't that popular in the first place. They have probably turned more against it than they have attracted to it with their endless constant yapping
Regarding pushing the Chase on us, I think Fox would do the same thing if they covered the last half of the season.

Allen was good as the lead Truck Series guy. Not sure what happened when NBC brought him in. He’s turned into an insufferable meme/catch phrase machine.

I love Junior. His podcast is the best medium of racing content IMO. He’s exactly as you say. Calm, charismatic, opinionated and passionate about the sport. I just wish that guy showed through more on the TV broadcast. NBC has turned him into sLiDEjOB and not much else. Although he’d probably be fine without Letarte and Blabberton chirping over him constantly.

Back
Top Bottom