Talladega Spring Pre-Race Thread

1681743084201.png

They need to do a 1/2- 1 hour show on the party's in the infield at night. If they can blur dash boards they can blur other things!

I wonder if he will slam SS racing as he has when a driver...

I for one, love this track
We could go over/under. I'll say under. Stewart won't even get riled even with Clint goading him on. Quiet as it has been kept, Stewart does a professional job and stays in character where Clint takes his q's from Mikey.

I wish they still used plates, because Chase would get the Earnhardt one this week and the fallout would be glorious. /s

I have to go down near the track this week for work on rather short notice and was surprised Leeds, which is like 30 min west of the track still had rooms available for Saturday night when I booked last night.

Not sure how ticket sales have been.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Seeing these 2009 2010 Dega re-runs on FS2 with Larry Mac & DW & the COT & the driver lineup man we were in a golden era of NASCAR and probably didn't even realize it at the time. This timeframe is roughly when I started watching every practice session qualifying session on SPEED channel and every race religiously for over a decade now, no wonder I got hooked 🎣.

Goodyear Fast Facts: Talladega​

APRIL 18, 2023 AT 9:07 AM

NASCAR Cup Series — Race No. 10 – 188 laps / 500 miles
Talladega Superspeedway (2.66-mile oval) – Talladega, Ala.
Fast Facts for April 22-23, 2023

Tire:
Goodyear Eagle 18-inch Superspeedway Radials

Set limits: Cup: 1 set for qualifying and 7 sets for the race (6 race sets plus qualifying set)

Tire Codes: Left-side — D-5142; Right-side — D-5116

Tire Circumference: Left-side — 2,274 mm (89.53 in.); Right-side — 2,280 mm (89.76 in.)

Minimum Recommended Inflation: Left Front — 28 psi; Left Rear — 28 psi; Right Front — 52 psi; Right Rear — 50 psi

Storyline – Tire strategy important at Talladega: Even though the amount of tire wear has increased in recent years in races at Talladega Superspeedway, NASCAR Cup teams will still be able to employ tire strategy during this weekend’s race. Depending on the situation, teams will make four-tire, two-tire and fuel only pit stops in order to minimize time on pit road and stay aligned with teammates and others they are working with on the track.
“In these superspeedway races, teams are able to use tire strategy while managing their pit stops,” said Greg Stucker, Goodyear’s director of racing. “We have been very consistent on the superspeedways, with Talladega and Daytona being aligned on tire set-ups since we’ve gone to the 18-inch bead diameter tire in 2022. This is the sixth race over the past two seasons on this same set-up, so teams certainly know what to expect. Depending on the stint and time of the race, we’ll see four-tire and two tire stops — as well as some fuel only stops – as teams jockey for track position with their teammates.”

Notes – Sixth straight superspeedway race on this tire set-up for Cup cars: Being on 18-inch bead diameter tires, NASCAR Cup teams will run a different tire set-up than those in the Xfinity Series at Talladega this week . . . the Cup cars will run the same combination of left- and right-side tires that they ran at Talladgea twice last season . . . these teams also ran this tire set-up at Daytona this past February, as well as twice in 2022 . . . with this 18-inch tire, and its lower profile sidewall, NASCAR Cup cars will not run inner liners in any of their tires in 2023.

They need to do a 1/2- 1 hour show on the party's in the infield at night. If they can blur dash boards they can blur other things!
As a matter of principle and conscious I have to disagree in the most powerful terms.

Wimmins have been body shamed for a long time and not allowed to go shirtless. It is time for equal rights for all nipples to be free.

#NoMoreNippleApartheid

As a matter of principle and conscious I have to disagree in the most powerful terms.

Wimmins have been body shamed for a long time and not allowed to go shirtless. It is time for equal rights for all nipples to be free.

#NoMoreNippleApartheid
Holy. ******. ****.

Back
Top Bottom