Talladega Superspeedway

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
1713231131166.png

38 Cup entries for Talladega. 15-Ware 16-VanGisbergen 62-Alfredo 78-McLeod
1713231216287.jpeg

Goodyear Fast Facts — Talladega​

Talladega Superspeedway (2.66-mile oval) – Talladega, Ala.
Fast Facts for April 20-21, 2024

Tire: Goodyear Eagle 18-inch Superspeedway Radials

Set limits: Cup:
1 set for qualifying and 7 sets for the race
(6 race sets plus qualifying set)

Tire Codes:
Left-side — D-5142;
Right-side — D-5116

Tire Circumference:
Left-side — 2,274 mm (89.53 in.);
Right-side — 2,280 mm (89.76 in.)

Minimum Recommended Inflation:
Left Front — 28 psi; Left Rear — 28 psi;
Right Front — 52 psi; Right Rear — 50 psi

Storyline – Talladega allows for tire strategy for Cup teams: Pit and tire strategy is always a big part of racing at this week’s stop for the NASCAR Cup Series – Talladega Superspeedway. While teams will see some tire wear on NASCAR’s longest oval, there will be chances for them to mix in two-tire and fuel only pit stops. A priority at Talladega is often staying in step with teammates when deciding how many tires to take in order to maintain one’s place in the draft. Cup teams will know what to from this weekend’s tire package, having run it at Talladega since 2022.
“We have settled in on a consistent tire set-up at both Talladega and Daytona since Cup teams started running the Next Gen car and the 18-inch bead diameter tire a couple years ago,” said Greg Stucker, Goodyear’s director of racing. “Tire wear has slowly increased at Talladega since it was last repaved, but teams are still able to use some tire strategy with fuel only or two-tire stops depending on the stint. Tire strategy makes for good racing as teams jockey to stay lined up with the other cars they are working with, often times their teammates or others from the same manufacturer.”

Notes – Tenth superspeedway race on this tire set-up for Cup cars: Being on 18-inch bead diameter tires, NASCAR Cup teams will run a different tire set-up than those in the Xfinity Series at Talladega this weekend . . . the Cup cars will run the same combination of left- and right-side tires that they’ve run at Talladega since 2022 . . . these teams have also run this tire set-up at Daytona over that same time . . . with this 18-inch tire, and its lower profile sidewall, NASCAR Cup cars do not run inner liners in any of their tires.

With six different winners in the first nine races of the 2024 NASCAR Cup Series season, this weekend’s GEICO 500 (Sunday, April 21 at 3 p.m. ET on FOX, MRN and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio) offers a plethora of opportunity for a seventh different winner to pull into Victory Lane and secure their spot in the Playoffs.

Talladega Superspeedway has seen seven different winners in the last seven races; including this Sunday’s defending winner, Richard Childress Racing’s Kyle Busch, who is still looking for his first win of 2024. The streak began with Denny Hamlin’s win in October 2020, followed by Brad Keselowski (April 2021), Bubba Wallace (Oct. 2021), Ross Chastain (April 2022), Chase Elliott (Oct. 2022), Kyle Busch (April 2023), Ryan Blaney (Oct. 2023).

Court stuff aside, I’d rather Kaz be in the car instead. But I do believe Cody gives us a better shot at a natural caution, so there’s that.

^ Tiny Lund
If you read the link you will see that all of the other drivers loved and respected Tiny Lund.
IMO, that is one of the greatest compliments a racer could ever achieve

For this idiot…care to explain? This post means nothing to me, because I don’t know what it means. Will we notice a difference in the racing and/or will this have any impact on the teams? I don’t understand car specs at all.
Thanks for asking. All I got from the tweet was "Something something spoiler something else".

For this idiot…care to explain? This post means nothing to me, because I don’t know what it means. Will we notice a difference in the racing and/or will this have any impact on the teams? I don’t understand car specs at all.

It has something to do with the car's discombobulator and the chrome zoom-zooms. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom