Talladega Testing?????

N

NewmanFan

Anyone got any speeds from the test at Talladega this week.

I do not think they generally post speeds in off season testing.

No the Dodges are testing there new 2003 cars with the diffrent Body location. I belive this test does not count agaist there 5 allowed. the GM guys did nto get docked any for there test at Homestead testign the new car. If the Dodge boy do get docked that would be really unfair. Monday they ran all day but Tueday and Wensday it rained. I think they got a little track time on one of those days but not alot.

I've never understood why they test so much at Talladega. I'd think race conditions would be much different. And testing now, I should think weather would also be much different. Is there something I'm missing?

I believe Taladega does not report speeds. Therefore unless someone else is timing you then generally only your team knows how fast you are going. I may be wrong but I swear I read that somewhere a while back.

You bring up good points, mngopherguy, but I think the reason why they test there is they can really test their aerodynamic package there b/c of the speeds they reach. They might not be learning how to setup the cars b/c of the different weather conditions, but any aerodynamic information they pick up could prove invaluable.

Back
Top Bottom