Terms of service

DanicaFreak

2021 Big Gator winner <Green Monster>
Asked this downstairs.
What has actually changed?

No idea, I assumed the bold part towards the bottom, but like @be9ak7ts16 said I never really read it before

I read the terms every couple of years. I don't recall the previous wording but I don't see anything out of the ordinary in the new ones. There's lots of new phrasing but the overall content appears the same to my failing memory.

The period between seasons when traffic is relatively low is a great time to make administrative changes like this. We'll see how the enforcement goes but if the mods get hard-core, especially about the personal attacks, some of us are in for a rough ride.

None of the amendments are "new" enforcements. They are just now formally included in the membership ToS rather than being simply a floating rule. We also cleaned up some of the legal CYA stuff that has become necessary in today's world (thankfully not relating to anything that has happened here, but has happened on other forums). Call it preventive maintenance, if you will.

The revisions were made to be just specific enough to allow most of what we are used to around here. If you have any specific concerns, shoot me a PM. I'm still working with pro-bono council on what to refine in regards to tying up a couple pinholes relating to a very small subset of members here, but it won't be anything worthy of further discussion (literally grains of sand context).

Back
Top Bottom