Texas Motor Speedway Ride-Along

PeopleAreStrange

2016 Yahoo Fantasy R-F Champion
Well that was fun! Too bad it only lasted three laps. Anyway, here are a few pics of me:

Quick note: I actually have a couple of pairs of "racing" shoes that I wear on a regular basis, but decided to wear these "normal" shoes instead so people wouldn't mistake me for someone driving, as there were people who showed up to drive. As for why I was worried about that, who knows.

For those who are wondering, no, my rear end is not as big as that fire suit made it seem. :oops: And yes, that is some sort of Newman race car / limo type thing.

It was difficult for me to climb into and out of that car through the window opening, and I'm a tall person. I don't get how short drivers are able to do that. As for the car, it was wrapped in a Tony Stewart scheme, but all of the electronics inside had RCR stickers on them. :confused: Seems odd that this company would take an old RCR car and replace it with a SHR paint scheme.

^^^ Me just before the driver got in.

And last, this is me trying to pull my other leg out of the car after the ride-along. That is the same guy who helped me into the car and buckled up my seat belts earlier. I probably looked pretty stupid.

Stay tuned for an overpriced video...

When the person at the trailer had me sign the waiver, she suggested I buy an in-car video of my ride. I was originally leaning towards no since I figured there are already videos of other ride-alongs online, but then she told me I would be on track with other cars at the same time, and would sort of be in a "race," which I didn't realize. I probably should have said no, but I didn't, so here is the video for y'all to see:

EDIT to add: I tried to keep my mouth closed because of the missing window next to me, so I didn't say anything until after it was over.

Last edited:
Looks like fun, PaS. I like the way they simulated some passing.

A friend is doing the Charlotte driving experience next month.

Glad I wasn't in that white car in the middle. No simulated passing for that person.

One more thing I forgot to add: Two days ago the afternoon temperature was in the 30s, and it will be just as cold tomorrow afternoon. But today's afternoon temperatures? Lower 70s. :booya: The weather could not have cooperated more.

Glad I wasn't in that white car in the middle. No simulated passing for that person.

One more thing I forgot to add: Two days ago the afternoon temperature was in the 30s, and it will be just as cold tomorrow afternoon. But today's afternoon temperatures? Lower 70s. :booya: The weather could not have cooperated more.
tell me about it. I spent 3 hours shooting at the local strip.

Back
Top Bottom