Thanks Equifax..

Bobw

Team Owner
I'm really grateful that you protect my information. Information that could ruin me financially if it falls into the wrong hands. Over the years both my wife and I have worked damn hard. We pay all our bills on time, usually before the due date. Have never over extend ourselves, Not counting our mortgage we owe $483 on a 0% credit card.
Now some ying yang may possibly have our info and can run up charges on our cards, drive our credit scores down and make us jump through hoops to get things back where they were before you dropped the ball.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/07/technology/business/equifax-data-breach/index.html

I'm just hoping I don't get one of their notification letters. I did check on their special website --- my number didn't come up as compromised.
Sure hope it's true.

Home Depot got hacked, I have a HD card
Target got hacked. Also a local supermarket chain. Wife uses her debit card at both places.
Each offered us ''free'' credit monitoring, Horse biscuits...

The best thing ever was when I got a letter in the mail saying my application for a discover card had been denied due to my credit...I had never applied for a discover card in my life. So after whatever they did to get my info they didn't get anything out of it, or think huh maybe I should change this address so the by I stole this info from doesn't get any notice about it.

some clown stole around 450 bucks in two transactions and took a trip on my dime last week. The bank called me after the fact and I jumped thru the hoops, got a new card and who knows if I will get my money back. The bank is investigating. I am supposed to call them in 15 days if I haven't heard from them.

I went and did the Experian scan they are touting. It's B.S. didn't check nothing. BUT for 9.95 so sick of that ****

As long as the penalty for data breach is less than the cost of security, it's just another cost of doing business.
A couple of big class action lawsuits that bankrupted a big company would make them take more interest in protecting customer's data.

Back
Top Bottom