Thanksgiving plans

Bobw

Team Owner
What ya got planned? We'll again be having a full house, looks like 12 for dinner and who knows who'll be dropping by later.
Guest of honor will be Jill whose husband Joe is in Afghanistan. Joe has been one of my son's friends from Jr High 20+ years ago.
Got a fresh turkey from the turkey farm that's just under 22 pounds,,,hope it's enough! I named the bird Donald before they whacked the head off.:).

Hope all have a sane and safe day with family and friends.
Don't forget those in the military and keep DF daughter in your thoughts.

It will just be me, my brother and SIL for dinner. Since he has to work (county deputy) on Wednesday and Thursday nights, we'll have
our Thanksgiving on Friday. The fam is just too scattered to get us all in one place.

Holidays are always tough for 1st responders

I'm alone this Thanksgiving. I'm ok though.
I've spent Thanksgiving and Christmas alone. It's hard. But, I muddle thru by remembering all the good times
I had in the past. Fix yourself something special. Do some decorating for Christmas.

I, too, will be alone tomorrow.

I'll be spending the day at my brothers house, enjoying some family and football time. Detroit Lions!!! It works well, because I'm a Detroit fan and my dad is a Dallas fan, so both our teams always play on turkey day. As far as spending time alone goes, that's why I have a cat. When I was living in Arkansas and my family was in Kansas, I wasn't able to come up here for the holidays, but thankfully I had the company of my cat.

Other than watching football I don't have any plans although I may go out and take some pics but that will depend on the quality of the games. I will definitely be on my own but that is by choice as after a lifetime dealing with people I look forward to the solitude.

I've spent Thanksgiving and Christmas alone. It's hard. But, I muddle thru by remembering all the good times.
I had in the past. Fix yourself something special. Do some decorating for Christmas.

I, too, will be alone tomorrow.

I was able to get myself a turkey, food to make corn casserole, food to make a green bean casserole, and gravy.

I don't think I want potatoes this year. I'm not supposed to have them anyway so it works out.

Oh my gosh yes, watching football too. I love me some football.

To eat as little turkey as I can :bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh:
:bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh:
:bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh:

Today you must have turkey, Gobble till you Wobble!!

Last edited:
We had a good day. The twins went nuts when they saw Santa in the Macy's parade. Jill took the call from Joe in our bedroom and she came out misty eyed. With the exception of my brother's MIL being a asshat, which we all expected, a very good day.

Quite day.
Gearing up for 2018 season, went to Best Buy and purchased a Sony 70 inch flat screen.

That's a big'un That's what she said..:)

How big is the room it's going in?

That's a big'un That's what she said..:)

How big is the room it's going in?

Not to big roughly a 14 x14 room. The new 4ks don't need to much distance, 10 foot seperation is plenty.

I wanted a 75, she wanted a 65 so we compromised.

Back
Top Bottom