The 2021 Champion will be...

Who will win the 2021 NASCAR Cup Championship?

• Larson

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • Elliott

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Hamlin

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Truex

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

donthaveanickname

Team Owner
Larson has won so many races at different types of tracks this year it's hard to make the case against him.
I think he's gonna get win #10 and his first championship.

Cindric is gonna repeat in Xfinity and Crafton will take win his 4th Truck Championship.

I think it's gonna be Larson or Elliott. My heart says Elliott, as it feels right, and he was my 2021 pick before he won 2020.

But my brain says that the 5 has just too much raw speed. I don't think they can be beat by the 9 if they bring it and are properly prepared.

The Nashville car is their Phoenix car, and that was the most dominant win of the season by anyone apparently in terms of percentage of laps lead.

I think the 5 dominates, and we have the most dominant, predictable finale of the playoff era. Larson is the deserving Champion, and he will cap off the dominant season with the championship.

But I also feel like the 5 may be under prepped using a car that ran 4 months ago, and Elliott/Alan will execute to a win.

Dunno.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If I was betting my house I’d go with the 9. Chase just did this last year and Alan has won at Phoenix with multiple drivers. However as we go on in the week my gut is telling me Truex.

Looking at the last 4 winners at Phoenix, three out of the 4 have won there

1635892432099.png

Honestly, I hope Denny Hamlin wins and he humbles himself out in life. The guy has a lot of problems. I hope he gets what he needs out of life. I can relate to the man in some ways so hopefully he gets what he needs.

Going to be a fun race. All 4 of these guys stand a good chance.

Larson's to lose. DFH has a shot as Larson isn't a god here.

Hendrick has been prepping Larson's car awhile I'm sure.... this guy has been a lock for the Final 4 since 1/3 the way thru the season....it's gotta be dialed in nicely...

Hendrick has been prepping Larson's car awhile I'm sure.... this guy has been a lock for the Final 4 since 1/3 the way thru the season....it's gotta be dialed in nicely...
That's what I'm thinking. It's the Nashville car. I am thinking they will probably have the fastest car.

Honestly, I think that "advantage" is overdone. No worries. That car has a set up window 10 miles wide...being a car specifically designed for this rules package. All the pressure on Hendrick and Larson.

Honestly, I think that "advantage" is overdone. No worries. That car has a set up window 10 miles wide...being a car specifically designed for this rules package. All the pressure on Hendrick and Larson.

Which rules package, specifically?

That's ok they have proven over and over again that they can handle pressure. :partytime

That's ok they have proven over and over again that they can handle pressure. :partytime

Don't take the bait.

@Revman is pretending to concede the title to a Chevy driver because of the "advantage" or whatever the excuse is. So now if a Toyota driver wins this crapshoot of a championship, he can badmouth Chevy even more in addition to his usual Toyota gloating. Win/win scenario for him.

Kyle Larson.

Kyle Larson, Kyle Larson, Kyle Larson.

Larson.

Kyle Larson should be the champion by every metric. Won't be upset if Elliott or Truex get it either, but... this is rightfully Larson's title. Sheesh. I enjoy and despise this format at the same time.

Don't take the bait.

@Revman is pretending to concede the title to a Chevy driver because of the "advantage" or whatever the excuse is. So now if a Toyota driver wins this crapshoot of a championship, he can badmouth Chevy even more in addition to his usual Toyota gloating. Win/win scenario for him.
Exactly. Don't feed the troll. He has all his eggs in the MTJ basket because, in places he doesn't talk about at parties, he knows that Dennis will fall out of the seat at some point. Chevy's ill-gotten new car, blah blah blah. Rinse, repeat.

Hendrick will definitely take advantage of the extra wiggle room NASCAR gives the championship 4. That will put Larson and Chase on equal terms above Truex and Hambone. Larson wins it on talent...as it should be.

Larson deserves it the most based on his seasons performance
Absolutely. Which will make the weeping and gnashing of teeth even more delicious should Chase win as I hope. The salt will be glorious. (That said, if I'm a betting man, I'd put money on the 5. I think Daniels will give him a rocket and Larson sure knows what to do with it.)

Absolutely. Which will make the weeping and gnashing of teeth even more delicious should Chase win as I hope. The salt will be glorious. (That said, if I'm a betting man, I'd put money on the 5. I think Daniels will give him a rocket and Larson sure knows what to do with it.)
Yeah, it's speed vs experience/execution imo.

Kyle Larson.

Kyle Larson, Kyle Larson, Kyle Larson.

Larson.

Kyle Larson should be the champion by every metric. Won't be upset if Elliott or Truex get it either, but... this is rightfully Larson's title. Sheesh. I enjoy and despise this format at the same time.
I wouldn't agree. I think Larson & Hamlin are just about tied without any playoff format on points, and both Truex and Elliott have been great all year as well. We've seen many years in the past where the winningest guy did not win the title

I want Larson to Elliot to win it, but I think Truex shocks the world and wins it

I’m good as long as Dennis doesn’t win it. F*ck that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want Larson to Elliot to win it, but I think Truex shocks the world and wins it

I’m good as long as Dennis doesn’t win it. F*ck that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Truex winning would be a lot like when Logano won it in 2018. All the talk that year was about the “Big 3” of Truex, KyBu, and Harvick, but Logano jumped up there and got ‘em all.

They have to make it to the end to win, so they need to play it pretty safe and stay out of trouble and not make any serious mistakes. I'm going to be on pins and needles every time Larson is entering and exiting pit lane. :D

I wouldn't agree. I think Larson & Hamlin are just about tied without any playoff format on points, and both Truex and Elliott have been great all year as well. We've seen many years in the past where the winningest guy did not win the title
I respect that this is what it is and so any speculation on my part is irrelevant. May the best driver win.

Back
Top Bottom