The 57th GRAMMY Awards...

I dont know how that piece of sh!t still gets let into award shows after the Taylor Swift debacle. He should be banned from any sort of awards.
Because people still think the Grammy holds any water.

I must be getting old. I don't recognize half if the winners.

Doesn't necessarily mean you're old. You're just into genres of music that don't line up with the pop category, is all. Personally I've never been that familiar with the pop scene.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/e...paramore-grammy-wins-as-conspiracy-to-destroy

I hate to sound hypocritical, but Trapt needs to grow up. I know I made a post when Lorde won the the best Rock song, but at least Paramore is labeled as a Rock band. Plus, I'm a fan...complaining is what I do. I think Trapt's main problem is that they haven't been relevant for years now and are going through withdraws. In fact, their only song they are even known for is "Headstrong." I unliked their Facebook page months ago because they focus too much on complaining and not enough on improving their music. Paramore has changed dramatically over the years. They were never hard rock, but could in a way be described as pop rock.

B9vd3LiIMAAf-m_.jpg:large

Beck is an awesome artist. This man's albums are all different. He went from a bit of rap to experimental to lo-fi, etc. I own many of his albums. Mellow Gold, Odelay, Guero, Modern Guilt, and his lastest release in Morning Phase.

My issue is that everything is so driven on sales and radio airplay. I think the artist of the year was actually right for once in this case.

Also, I hear a lot of people talking about AC/DC as "real music"? I love them as well, but to degrade others to say their music is bad is wrong. Everyone listens to something different someone might think my love for turntablism and the beat scene as noise. I could give two ***** of what someone thinks.

I looked at some of the nominees for be rap song duo and Bound 2 was a nominee? Holy mother of ****...

Don't have any problems with Sam Smith, but give his camp credit. They found about it being a cover of Tom Petty and he receives royalties from it. I do respect that a lot.

Beck is an awesome artist. This man's albums are all different. He went from a bit of rap to experimental to lo-fi, etc. I own many of his albums. Mellow Gold, Odelay, Guero, Modern Guilt, and his lastest release in Morning Phase.

My issue is that everything is so driven on sales and radio airplay. I think the artist of the year was actually right for once in this case.

Also, I hear a lot of people talking about AC/DC as "real music"? I love them as well, but to degrade others to say their music is bad is wrong. Everyone listens to something different someone might think my love for turntablism and the beat scene as noise. I could give two ***** of what someone thinks.

Oh, I agree with this, even though I'm guilty of it at times. People have been talking about how Kanye West has no talent all week. Dude's won 21 Grammys and I can tell the people who say that stuff have never actually listened to any of his music (especially his early work). I don't like Beyonce at all, not a single one of her songs, but I'm not going to run around and say she has no talent. She's got powerhouse vocals and incredible stage presence. :idunno:

Miranda Lambert's alright -- just overexposed. Way overexposed. Every time I turn on country music radio, I'm going to get the same "Bro Country" **** with a lot of Miranda mixed in. And "The Queen of Country", that's laughable. She doesn't come close to Carrie Underwood in terms of talent and she's said as much.

We all have different tastes though. All my friends that listen to country HATE Taylor Swift. They think she has no talent. Her crossover performance with Def Leppard showed she's got talent and she also writes her own music and performs her own instruments. If I remember correctly, isn't Taylor the first one Kanye thinks wasn't worthy of an award?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom