The back flip

VaDirt

Dirt Track Fanatic
Not sure who started first, but Nick Hoffman, a real hot shoe in the southeast open wheel modified scene, sure has a good back flip.

Cabin Fever 80 475.JPG

Read this on Tyler Walker's Wiki:
"He (Walker) would become famous for celebrating his many victories by doing a backflip off of the top of his racecar. This novel celebration would soon be copied by Carl Edwards, who was joining the NASCAR ranks at this time. "

If anyone was doing celebratory backflips before Tyler Walker in big time auto racing, it would be news to me.
The only person I can think of doing a backflip was maybe Cale Yarborough during the 1979 Daytona 500.:rolleyes:

Read this on Tyler Walker's Wiki:
"He (Walker) would become famous for celebrating his many victories by doing a backflip off of the top of his racecar. This novel celebration would soon be copied by Carl Edwards, who was joining the NASCAR ranks at this time. "

If anyone was doing celebratory backflips before Tyler Walker in big time auto racing, it would be news to me.
The only person I can think of doing a backflip was maybe Cale Yarborough during the 1979 Daytona 500.:rolleyes:
Tyler Walker broke his leg once doing the back flip. Of course now he's a junked up druggie that should be banned from the sport.

Tyler Walker broke his leg once doing the back flip. Of course now he's a junked up druggie that should be banned from the sport.

Wow, had no idea.
Guess I better pay more attention here.
Looks like a recent arrest, too.

Tyler Walker used to be a hell of a good sprint car driver. I dont think he has raced in years though due to the drug thing, so he pretty much is out of the sport for good anyway

And speaking of back flips, here's an interesting angle of the first time this guy did it after a u-car win. Looks like something out of Paranormal Activity. Picture was taken by Shaun Lawrence, one of the WRT Speedwerx guys.

p1522081494-3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom