The Beer Thread

cheapest 16 oz. 6 pak on sale that day !

social security pennies.

I don't drink beer, especially fruity beer. Raspberry what?!!! I'm a man. I drink whiskey. I have metal ice cubes so it doesn't water down my booze. My wife hates them because it scratches her glasses...o_O..er... wait a minute...:confused:...that's not me.
That's somebody else. I'm not even married :eek:

I normally keep a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in my beer fridge, and once in a while go down to he local "Total Wine and More" to pick up a variety of craft beers. Love that place, like a kid in a candy store.

I've been craving a nice cold Moosehead or even Molson original lately. I usually don't drink because of my stomach issues, but every once in a while I just get a craving that demands action.

I've been craving a nice cold Moosehead or even Molson original lately. I usually don't drink because of my stomach issues, but every once in a while I just get a craving that demands action.
I've never had Moosehead. Whaddya do, grab it by the antlers? :D

Rolling Rock, sometimes Coors light or Molson light to keep the wife happy

Sorry...but whenever I hear the word "moosehead", I seem to think of this coupler...
450x300_q75.jpg

Bought some Guiness Black Lager last night, not bad. That's what I'm drinking now until this 12 pack is gone

Grain Belt Premium is my regular beer but every other purchase I try another micro brewery beer. Recently I tried several beers from Great Lakes Brewery. I like Eliot Ness (amber lager) and Edmund Fitzgerald (porter) but I don't like their Commodore Perry (pale ale).

Hell with beer or staying on topic.....

I've never had Moosehead. Whaddya do, grab it by the antlers? :D

That was the funniest thing posted on here in a thousand freaking years!! :XXROFL: Damn good job, dude!!! :whoopee:Bahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

All time favorite is Anchor Steam but Ive been enjoying a lot of Lagunitas this summer
image.jpg

I have been a craft beer fanatic for about 20 years now and try to find new ones to sample all the time. About 15 minutes from my house is a nice little sports bar that carries over 75 craft beers, they usually have about 10 on tap and the rest in the coolers. It is beer Nirvana for me, I go in there maybe twice a month and sample usually 3 in a nice pint glass. Any more than that and I have to call my buddy in to rescue me, as most of these beers are high in alcohol, usually nothing less than 6%. The best one I've had lately is Goose Island Bourbon Stout, just amazed me,so smooth, nice after taste, strong % but you didn't notice it until you went to get up out of your chair...Ha! They are out of Chicago and only brew this in very small batches once a year and recently got bought out by Bud. If I remember correctly it is usually about $10 for a pint of the stuff, but well worth it if you are a beer nut like me. Dogfishead brewery out of Maryland is another one of my favorites, especially their IPAs, the 90 is awesome and if you get a chance buy a bottle of the 120, it will knock your socks off, unreal. Cool place to check out all reviews on craft beer is beeradvocate.com.

When I feel like I can afford to drink, it's been Lagunitas(just fell in love, great beer. Also their 'Maximus' IPA is amazing), Ballast Point Pale Ale, or Sierra Nevada.

When I remember I'm broke I go with good ole PBR :D

PBR is a good cheap beer, it was the first beer I ever had, dad gave me one when we were fishing up in Maine.

I have Carolina Blonde (local craft ale) and Blue Moon Agave Nectar Ale in my fridge. So far I'm liking Blue Moon a little bit better. It has a sweeter taste and goes down easier for me. I think I'll try regular Blue Moon after I drink what I have in my fridge.

Its really not "cheap" anymore....apparently its become the new trend in some places. Its hip...

Hipsters like to drink PBR. I doubt they drink it for the taste of the beer, just because it's what their subculture drinks.

Its really not "cheap" anymore....apparently its become the new trend in some places. Its hip...

Cheapest beer we have in SoCal grocery stores.. As far as the trendy/hipster thing, you're right. PBR, Mumford & Sons, and fixed-gear bicycles.. WTF? Haha

Unfortunately, I'm being furloughed one day a week, resulting in a 20% pay cut. So it will be Yuengling for a while.

Sipping on a Racer 5 IPA out of Healdsburg, CA for the crashfest.

Used to buy Blatz beer for $2.60 a twelve pack. My neighbor Bing and I could always scrape up enough for a couple of cases. Course we would have one hell of a headache the next day. When I was young and dumb while working on custom combining teams cutting wheat from Texas to Canad, we could wait to get up to South Dakota so we could buy Grain Belt Beer. Later while in the Air Force, Olympia, or Oly as we called it, was pretty popular but it was wide mouth Schlitz that was really popular when I was on the island of Ie Shima, just off the coast of Okinawa back in '69. After I left the AF, my father-in-law introduced me to Drewerys Beer. How about Jaz Beer. Remember the jingle "From the lans of sky blue waters?" Some good older beers.

Back
Top Bottom