The Big One...

R

redrock

O.K., we all know it's going to happen this weekend...what lap will it happen and who will cause it? Will Ryan Newman destroy another race car through no fault of his own?

My picks...Big one on lap 67, Bodine spins to cause it, Ryan was leading so he's not caught up in the melee.

Heres the question I ask you: WHATS SO WRONG WITH TODD BODINE, HE'S DONE NOTHING WRONG THIS YEAR !! With that said, I think Jeff Green will be smack dab right in the middle of it. While Dale Jr. and Mikey and the rest of the guys are still blasting away in the lead... Jeff Green will cause the wreck all by his lonesome !

As much as I dont want to see it, its inevitable.

Im going out on a limb... hey its Daytona.

Before lap 50, it will be caused by someone in the top 10 in points, it will begin in the front of the pack, only like 10 cars get through with no damage, tempers will flare, snoozer race the rest of the day, someone unlikely will win.

Someone might go airborne, I hope one of my favs Ryan Newman isnt that guy who does it. :(

Originally posted by bowtie@Jul 2 2003, 03:28 PM
its not going to happen this weekend.
Why's that bowtie? You got some insider information you want to share with the rest of us? ;)

I hope it don't happen. But just in case I will say around lap 25.

Originally posted by DeeDee+Jul 2 2003, 01:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DeeDee @ Jul 2 2003, 01:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bowtie@Jul 2 2003, 03:28 PM
Why's that bowtie? You got some insider information you want to share with the rest of us? ;) [/b][/quote]
If I told you I'd have to kill you DeeDee. :dual9mm:

Hah, just wishful thinking, but it can be done, I was at the first no caution race at Dega several years back so I know it can happen.

I don't see A single big one happening

I think that there are going to be about three or four medium sized one's occuing when everyone's trying to pit becuase of the small fuel cell's

Think before you speak guys

There was a big wreck at Talladega in both the Busch and Nextel Cup Races, stands a reason why it'd happen here even with the stupid 13 gallon fuel cell.

Will Ryan Newman destroy another race car through no fault of his own?
if he does to bad jeanie zelasko(sp?) wont be there for the interview

I'm going to predict it will happen around lap 120. No prediction on who'll cause it, as lately it's been big name drivers causing the plate wrecks.

lap 3... not sure who will cause it...but think it will take out some top 10 guys.

Kinda sad when we sit here and try to predict the big one...LMAO!

yeah you would think Nascar would try to do something to prevent the big one...oh wait smaller fuel cells that's right I forgot, <_<

On the first lap after the first yellow flag turns green when everybody is bunched back up. And several little-medium sized ones right after other cautions bunch them back up. Hard to imagine it happening any other way then usual. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Happy29@Jul 2 2003, 04:06 PM
Think before you speak guys

There was a big wreck at Talladega in both the Busch and Nextel Cup Races, stands a reason why it'd happen here even with the stupid 13 gallon fuel cell.
The concept of the small fuel cell is good. It at least shows that Nascar is tryin to break up the packs somehow... I also beleive that the small fuel cell is good because it breaks the pack up into 4 or 5 small ones for a couple of laps and gives the guys a break.

"If" it happens at all My prediction...close to the end of the race, and it will be a by someone returning a favor from early in the race.

But I could be wrong too...lol :wacko: :blink: :eek:

Isnt Shane Hmiel making his 1st Winston Cup attempt this weekend? I predict if he makes the field his swollen ego will cause his head to swell. That in turn will cause him to lose control of the car or for some ignorant reason think that he is the late great Dale Earnhardt and try to make an Earnhardt like move which will result in the big one. Can you tell I do not care for the guy?

Originally posted by N2racin88@Jul 2 2003, 11:44 PM
Isnt Shane Hmiel making his 1st Winston Cup attempt this weekend? I predict if he makes the field his swollen ego will cause his head to swell. That in turn will cause him to lose control of the car or for some ignorant reason think that he is the late great Dale Earnhardt and try to make an Earnhardt like move which will result in the big one. Can you tell I do not care for the guy?
No not at all... :p

I remember distinctly that most fans had this opinion about Dale Jr. when he came into NASCAR and Dale Jr. turned out just fine. I have no problem with Shane Hmiel, I think he's a driver worthy of making the Winston Cup within the next 3 years whichever team he decides to go in (Most likely a DEI or Chance 2 car). This would be a great oppurtunity for Shane to get some experience in a Cup car and he might get a Top 10 or Top 20 so I am eager to see how it works out.

Originally posted by bowtie@Jul 2 2003, 02:28 PM
I agree,in recent races there has only been 1 "big one",I see that trend continueing,sure hope so anyway!
Take the dang plates off,JMO! ;)

Originally posted by unknown@Jul 3 2003, 03:28 AM
"If" it happens at all My prediction...close to the end of the race, and it will be a by someone returning a favor from early in the race.

But I could be wrong too...lol :wacko:&nbsp; :blink:&nbsp; :eek:
These drivers are too professional to create a wreck deliberately as payback on a track where the pack is close together like Daytona and Talledega.

Taking another driver out in a deliberate move for a payback usually happens under different circumstances at a shorter distance track. When the so-called "big one" occurs at Talledega or Daytona, it is the result of driver error and not driver temper.

As for Junior not being a menace when he entered NASCAR racing, , he was. In his first Busch race he took out the potential winner. Later his father admitted Junior was driving over his head. That was only the first of several incidents until Junior settled in.

Shane Miehl has been handed the "silver spoon" and is being groomed as a future star only because his father is well known in both series. Would a relative unknown have been given the same opportunity in view of the past history of Miehl?? Doubtful. Shane is not a bad driver but he is a "taught" driver and not a natural like Kurt Busch or Matt Kenseth and few others.

Miehl will wind up in Winston Cup and might win some races. There are better drivers racing every Saturday night on some bullring somewhere in America who could beat him in a heartbeat given the same "silver spoon".
Another "silver spoon" driver is the latest addition to Chance Two Racing, Martin Truax. Good, but Daddy's BIG MONEY helped secure the ride.

Just as Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt, Darrell Waltrip and Richard Petty before them, occupied the top spot saw drivers trying to scale the the mountain the "king of the hill du jour" currently resides on. It is subject to change each week in both series. :D

Well,I read Whizzer's post then re-read it.Sadly enough I cant find any points to disagree with him on!Hmiel IS a silver spoon driver...though I sure wish Steve was back with Roush where he belongs.

Originally posted by 97forever@Jul 3 2003, 02:35 PM
Well,I read Whizzer's post then re-read it.Sadly enough I cant find any points to disagree with him on!Hmiel IS a silver spoon driver...though I sure wish Steve was back with Roush where he belongs.
GEEPEERS CREEPERS !!!!!!!! I'm crunched !!!!!!!!!!! :D

At Daytona earlier this year, I had an eary feeling about Ryan, and I told my whole family that I felt that he was going to start something big...and that wreck happened. So this time, I have kind of an iching from Bobby Labonte....Its not as big though....but Bobby gets tapped on lap 3, and the BIG ONE happens.

Well like everyone else...I hope it doesn't happen but I figure in the first 20 laps, I could see Kenseth getting smoked and finishing below 40...It's sad to say but he hasn't had a bad finish all year and maybe he's due. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

We're due for a big one and Kenseths due for a bad finish, I think it'll touch off a bad streak for him unfortunately.

Thank God Park, Harvick, Earnhardt and Waltrip are safely in the Top 10, hopefully they'll be out of it.

Back
Top Bottom