The Box

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
About a week ago was the fifth anniversary of my mom's passing. I've had this giant box in my home office ever since. My step dad sent it to me shortly after my mom's death. The box is full, a lifetime full of photo albums. My step dad called last week and asked that I send him some photos from the box. I haven't been able to open it for five years. Today I cut the lid off. It's been a difficult morning. I didn't make it through the entire box. I think I'll seal it back up and send it to my step dad.
There is a cool photo of my great uncle that I'll share. I was wondering where this photo was because I liked this photo when I was a kid. My family has always been involved in some type of racing; drag racing, stock cars, motocross, supercross, etc.
I did a little research on my great uncle, seems he raced around the turn of the century in the Nebraska area and throughout the Midwest. I'm guessing this photo was taken around 1910.

I have a couple boxes like that in my basement. Its been a few years since I've gone through it. Guess its time to go through them again.

The box kicked my ass today. :(
After my mom passed I packed our family picture boxes up and put them away. But I'm hanging onto them in case I get to where I want to see them. You never know what life has in store for you.

After my mom passed I packed our family picture boxes up and put them away. But I'm hanging onto them in case I get to where I want to see them. You never know what life has in store for you.
This ******* box is a chronological lifetime set in photographs. I wouldn't have opened it but my step
dad wants some of the contents. There are photos in the albums from the turn of the century to my birth and beyond. It has been an incredibly difficult day. I found my original birth certificate, a small heart-shaped urn with some of my mother's ashes, clothing...
Life is extremely short.

Life definitely is way too short. My mom passed away when I was five years of age. That alone is why I've never been religious, but we wont go into all that. I'm now 27. It's upsetting because I really know nothing about the person my mom was. Certain family members always make comparisons between her and my siblings and always ask if we remember anything about her. Thankfully my family took pictures of anything and everything when us kids were young, so I do have those to remember her by. It's tough seeing children treat their parents so badly because they fail to realize how much they will miss them when they are gone.

Back
Top Bottom