The 'Clash' is back.

So me being happy about the name being back, no matter the reason is my hand in the sand? lol okay.
Theres nothing wrong with being happy about the event's title, dont take it so personally please.

As I said, Im a pragmatic thinker most of the time and the event title change is more than likely due to Brian having sponsor struggles. Putting blinders on to reality just aint my forte.

Meh man come on, no matter what the reason COULD be, let's just be happy we got an old name back.
I'd like to see it only be the pole winners and past winners of the Clash but hey, the name's a start. Baby steps.
I admit to not seeing a name change as a cause for celebration. It's just a name, with no impact on the racing itself. I'm far more enthused long-term over the return to something close to the original qualification rules.

As I said, Im a pragmatic thinker most of the time and the event title change is more than likely due to Brian having sponsor struggles. Putting blinders on to reality just aint my forte.

I mean they were gonna change the name regardless of sponsorship, it wasn't gonna stay the {Insert Sponsor Here} Unlimited

Just have a feeling Bowman is going to be in a HScott car with extra support from Hendrick kind of like JGR and Furniture Row.

Are you talking about just for the Clash, or as a full-time 2017 ride?

I'm thinking full time if they can find sponsorship. Seems like Hendrick wants to keep Bowman in house but just doesn't have the room for him and with SHR going to Ford they could give HSM more support.

I think Adam Sandler does a song about Harry's Scott's car.

Where else is there for him to go really that would have ties to Hendrick? HSM has the opening and a relationship with Hendrick which should be much more improved this year with SHR gone.​

So much for that.
Yep, didn't see that coming. Thought HSM would atleast run 1 car next year. I don't see Bowman in a Cup car next year now. No way he goes to Front Row or Go Fas. Also don't think he would go to Petty but money could talk. If he doesn't find a Cup ride I'd like to see him run trucks for Jr. but that's another pipe dream probably.

Bowman to run the #88 in the Clash instead of Jr.

"Alex did such a great job in the car this year, and I felt like he deserved another opportunity," Earnhardt said. "When I spoke with Rick and the team about him driving The Clash, everyone agreed that he more than earned it, and Nationwide was 100-percent on board. I'm really grateful to him and Jeff for what they did for our team, and I'm glad Alex is getting another run with us."

http://www.hendrickmotorsports.com/...edically-cleared-to-resume-nascar-competition

NASCAR will allow Daniel Suarez to drive the Joe Gibbs Racing No. 19 car in the preseason race at Daytona. Substitutions have been allowed in the past for injuries or illness because teams have already landed sponsors and built cars for the event. Carl Edwards announced last week he would not race this year, and because JGR had already prepared to run the event, NASCAR will allow Suarez – who has never participated in a Cup race – to compete in the exhibition open to 2016 pole winners, past Daytona 500 pole winners, past winners of the event and anyone who made the 2016 Chase. NASCAR VP Jim Cassidy: "We looked at the circumstances and timing around the unexpected driver change with the No. 19 Joe Gibbs Racing team and made the determination that we will allow a driver substitution for the Advanced Auto Parts Clash. The team was already in the advanced stages of preparing for that event, and we felt it made sense to allow that car to run."

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0613745985595642680-4

I'll always call them the shootout & gatorade duels :)

Daytona Speedway announced the Clash on FB. I asked if that was the Shootout and they said 'Yes'.

SO it is confirmed. We are not wrong when we call it the Shootout. ;)

Ain't sure how many brief descriptions I've used for the pole winners' thing - it won't be casually referred to by the current sponsor's name, too long. The others are the Thursday qualifyin' races.

Back
Top Bottom