The Federated 400 at Richmond Pre-Race Thread

StandOnIt

Farm Truck

1659983938642.png

Truck night race should be good. If I was in the area I’d want a Friday late model race at Richmond or something there too. They should do that there.

If those people show up dressed like that on a Sunday afternoon in August in Richmond, they're going to die from heat stroke. And they will have deserved and earned it.
I think the straw hat will save the one in the middle, can't say about the rest though. They do have a lot of stuff going on though

I think the straw hat will save the one in the middle, can't say about the rest though. They do have a lot of stuff going on though
You mean the one in black sweats from head to toe? I figured he'd be the first one to fall. I hope he's in a low row; he may not last to reach the good seats.

Goodyear Fast Facts — Richmond​

AUGUST 9, 2022 AT 1:07 PM

NASCAR Cup Series — Race No. 24 – 400 laps / 300 miles
Richmond Raceway (0.75-mile oval) – Richmond, Va.

Fast Facts for August 13-14, 2022
Tire: Goodyear Eagle 18-inch Speedway Radials

Set limits:
Cup – 1 set for practice, 1 set for qualifying and 9 sets for the race
(8 race sets plus 1 set transferred from qualifying)

Tire Codes: Left-side — D-5124; Right-side — D-5126
Tire Circumference: Left-side — 2,251 mm (88.62 in.); Right-side — 2,276 mm (89.61 in.)
Minimum Recommended Inflation:
Left Front — 12 psi; Left Rear — 12 psi;
Right Front — 30 psi; Right Rear — 26 psi

Storyline – High wear Richmond produces competitive racing: Richmond Raceway is one of NASCAR’s high tire wear race tracks. And while wear is down slightly this year with the Next Gen car, tire management and pit strategy will still come into play in this weekend’s race. Drivers who are easier on their tires early in a run can extend their tire life deeper into the run. Cup teams will have nine sets of tires for the 400-lap race, which is an average of just 44 laps (33 miles) per set if they use their full compliment. The team aspect of the sport will be critical all day – drivers getting on and off pit road and crews making four-tire stops.

“Richmond has become a high tire wear track over the years,” said Greg Stucker, Goodyear’s director of racing. “Drivers will search around for grip as tires wear and the track takes rubber during the course of the race. Lap times will fall off over two seconds during a run, so four tire stops are a given. But when and how often to pit will be key, as it was in the spring race. One good thing for the teams is that this is the same tire combination they ran at Richmond in the spring and at several other tracks throughout the season. That will give them a good understanding of what to expect in this race.”

Notes – Cup cars return to Richmond on spring tire set-up: Having moved to an 18-inch bead diameter tire for 2022, NASCAR Cup teams will run a different tire set-up than those in the Camping World Truck Series at Richmond this week . . . this is the same combination of left- and right-side tires Cup teams ran at Richmond in April . . . they have also run this tire set-up at Phoenix, Gateway and New Hampshire this season . . . with this 18-inch tire, and its lower profile sidewall, NASCAR Cup cars will not run inner liners in any of their tires in 2022.

Rain, Rain, Rain.!!

Thanks for always posting these in the pre-race, Snappy. I enjoy it :cheers:
Oh thank you! I try to change up drivers each week but I’m partial to a few ha ha. It’s cool when I look through the pictures trying to find a driver for that particular track/race and pinpoint where I was at that time. Hope others get the same flashback.

I told myself 2 weeks. If he's not back in 2 weeks, doubt he's coming back at all. Here we are...
Just thinking
Kurt has an exemption as long as he’s in the top 30
by staying out till the chase
we could have 17 drivers in the chase
provided we have new winners

Just thinking
Kurt has an exemption as long as he’s in the top 30
by staying out till the chase
we could have 17 drivers in the chase
provided we have new winners
Not how it works, even with a waiver if you are the 17th ranked guy with a win you are out.

Kurt has a medical "out" if he wants to take it. Jr. decided he didn't want to take the risk anymore, Kurt has a decision to make also. Kurt tried a dry run in the sim and he said it failed. That's an eye opener for Kurt I bet.

His brain is bruised.

Recovery time to be determined.
Indeed, but even with recovery, Kurt has to decide if he wants to risk this again. I am doubtful that he will, and I wouldn't blame him if he took the big leather chair now at 23XI.

Kurt isn’t racing again this season. Just my opinion. He’s under contract for next season. So I wouldn’t be surprised if he came back for a retirement tour like Dale Jr in 2017, before passing the keys to Reddick in ‘24.

So is the 9 team going with the Chad K special of late summer trash?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That was a great segment with the visually impaired young lady. That's the kind of passion you love to see

Back
Top Bottom