The future of the #60 BGN car?

97forever

Team Owner
Some interesting possibilities could come about from Greg Biffle departing this ride and moving up to WC next year. Certainly the #60 Taurus is one of the top BGN cars,and likely even the championship car after the season is over. Has anyone heard anything about what Roush intends to do regarding this?I read at RoushRacing that Jon Wood would eventually move up to BGN,but I assumed he would drive the #9 Gain Ford? I am sure Jack has something lined up for it even though Grainger is moving up with Greg and Randy Goss.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything substantial on this?:)

Maybe they will do what Jr did and move the whole team up and there won't be a #60 in the BGN anymore.

If I recall Grainger is going to WC with Biffle. If that is true I would guess the future of the 60 car will hinge on sponsorship. I'm not sure if Gain is willing to sponsor a full time car in BGN or not.

Haven't heard anything, just surmising.

Ya never know its silly season...nothing more. I dont know If a guy like Jack Roush is just gonna give up on the 60 busch effort.

Maybe Jon Wood will go to the #60 and the #9 will be used part time between Biffle and Burton. Has Busch ever started a busch race?

If your talking about Kyle...I believe not. But I know that he has a ride in stock cars coming up from Roush. Maybe He will go to the 60. Right now he is in ASA.

Kurt has never entered a single Busch race that I know of.I am sure that Kyle Busch may end up there in a few more years.I doubt if Jack will let Kyle skip BGN like Kurt did.And I agree Awesome Bill....Jack won't easily give up the #60.Maybe he already has sponsorship lined up?? Just hard to say,I guess.

Jon ran good in the BGN race week before last,66.I am sure he is going to BGN,and soon.But Jack still maintains 9 teams officially:5 WC[including Biffle's#16]2 BGN teams[#60-#9] and 2 CTS teams[#50-#99]....looks like Jack has more teams than he has drivers! What messed everything up was CTS min.age rule that kept Kyle out of the #99 truck THIS year,IMO.

Well this is who I would like to see in the 60 and 9. Kyle Busch and Jon Wood. I have got NO idea for his pair of trucks though. My guess would be someone that is yet to be discovered.

Those would be my choices too.I would like to see Winn-Dixie return to the #60 with Jon Wood behind the wheel.Put Kyle in the #9.Just fun to speculate.

I think Wood has a ride secured in one of the cars. But as for kyle...Maybe Jack wants to take it really slow to develope His skills and go to trucks and then Busch. But ya never know. What about that guy by the name of Tim Steel that nearly everyone here wants to be in a ride.

Hey,Awesome Bill! Tim Steele would be a great choice if available.That is a great idea and I hope ol' Jack is reading this forum!lol

Where is Tim steele these days anyway? I havent heard that name in a long time.

He scaled back his Arca campaign this season to spend more time with his family the last I read.I think he was scheduled to run the BGN race at Michigan,as a matter of fact,but I didn't see his name on the entry list[?].

Hmmm...he seems to have disapeared into the beyond. I didnt see him on the entry list either. But there was one open ride which maybe/hopefully is his.

#134 TBA2 No Home Town Chevrolet Copperfield & Co. Realtors Danny Bost

Todd Bodine in the 60 next year?Maybe a little sperience with a name to get the media attention.;)

Todd is a charger,pbunch,no doubt about it.And him and Greg have had a few friendly scraps as well......mmmmm?Who knows?

Well there are report that Sarah Fisher is getting a BGN test with Jack. So if all things go well maybe she will be the driver of the #60 BGN ford(which she would drive Pontaic or Dodge)

Jack will give that 60 to a good draw,Sarah may get a ride for sure,But Its a whole new deal.I wish her the best of luck.:)

A little about where Tim Steele has been and where he hopes to go. This is the most recent story of any depth on him I know of.

Thursday, June 13, 2002

Don't ask three-time ARCA champion and Coopersville resident Tim Steele about his violent meeting with the wall in a Winston Cup test at Atlanta Motor Speedway almost five years ago and expect to get a clear answer.

While Steele can tell you all about the results of the November 1997 crash that derailed a promising career, there is a memory lapse that Steele figures will be with him the rest of his life. There is an even bigger gap in his racing career that he may never be able to fill.

Steele was on top of the world in 1997. He and Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre were ready to buy owner Bud Moore's Winston Cup team and go racing with the big boys.
But that world and those plans came crashing down.

"Myself and Brett Favre were going to own a Winston Cup team," Steele said. "We're at Atlanta on Nov. 5, 1997, to be exact. I guess I crashed there at the end of the day. I say I guess because I don't remember anything from Nov. 5 on. The next thing I remember, it was April 18, 1998."

Steele's life didn't completely come back into focus that April, either. He was just beginning a long recovery process from a serious head injury.

"Throughout that time, I guarantee you the world through my eyes and the world through your eyes didn't look the same," Steele said. "There was a time from Nov. 5 of 1997 until January of 1999 where I'd see two of everything. I'd be sitting here (among a few reporters) and seeing a whole bunch of you all. I finally figured out that the one on the right didn't exist and the one on the left was accurate where it was at."

The double vision was his dark secret. "The hardest thing about all that was that I couldn't tell nobody," Steele said. "I couldn't tell a soul. I couldn't tell my wife, my daughter, my parents, nobody. It got to the point where I even had to see a psychologist.

"Everybody knew that something was up, but nobody knew what that something was."

Steele did his best to race during that time in his life and even won an ARCA race at Talladega in October of 1998. His career, however, was starting to slip and he was battling to be the driver he was when he won an ACRA-record 12 races and his last title in 1997.

Before his Atlanta crash, Steele dominated ARCA races at Michigan International Speedway. He won here twice and had four top-3 finishes in a five-race stretch from 1995 through 1997.
He missed most of the 1998 racing season and gave the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series a whirl in 1999. It was all about getting the edge back one race at a time.

"It wasn't a scary time because I told myself that if I ever put anybody or anything in danger beside myself because I had done something stupid on the race track, that's when I'd say: 'OK, I don't need to be doing this,'" Steele said. "Fortunately, that never happened. Believe you me, in this racing business there's enough critics out there where you'd know if you done something stupid."

In 2000, Steele was back in ARCA and winning races. He won at MIS in June 2000. Last year at MIS, he finished ninth in June and third in July.

He's back this year as a driver/owner of the HS Die Ford for the Flagstar ARCA 200 race in the ARCA RE/MAX Series.

"Right now, we're in the process of building things back to where we can go and win 50 percent of the ARCA races that we run," said Steele, 34. "A year or so ago, I would have said that to win that fourth ARCA championship didn't mean that much to me or the team, but right now I can tell you how much that really does mean to me. It means we've gotten back to dominate fashion."
Steele, who tested at MIS in May, wants to show the doubters that he's all the way back.

"I know I can do it," Steele said. "I know that for a fact. The challenge is getting the team back to the point to where it was.
"There's no magic to this racing stuff. To win races, it goes to whoever pays the most attention to detail."

Back
Top Bottom