The Gen 7 Car is Garbage

Listening to Roval DBC episode now, and they're skewering the car. Needs at least 850 hp, is unsafe, too easy to drive, etc. All the usual points.
Then why have I been seeing the 18,5,4,24,8,9, etc... the best in the sport busting their ass on a regular basis and I'm not talking blown tire instances just flat out losing it?

Then why have I been seeing the 18,5,4,24,8,9, etc... the best in the sport busting their ass on a regular basis and I'm not talking blown tire instances just flat out losing it?
The 19 seems to like the wall along with the 1 also.

The 19 seems to like the wall along with the 1 also.
All of them. This facts just mysteriously disappears when the pitchfork gang comes after NASCARs new car. They will lie like a rug to support their agenda. OK, the rear clip is too stiff, they will fix it but now they wanna pile on. If I were NASCAR I'd give them gumball tires and 850 hp and tell them have at it.

I think in context he meant on road courses. I have thought all year that they were edgier on intermediates which is what we wanted. I dunno

All of them. This facts just mysteriously disappears when the pitchfork gang comes after NASCARs new car. They will lie like a rug to support their agenda. OK, the rear clip is too stiff, they will fix it but now they wanna pile on. If I were NASCAR I'd give them gumball tires and 850 hp and tell them have at it.
Legit question since I'm not an engineer: with the low profile tires, can Goodyear not physically make them gummy and wear because then the sidewall couldn't handle load?

Legit question since I'm not an engineer: with the low profile tires, can Goodyear not physically make them gummy and wear because then the sidewall couldn't handle load?
I'm not either but I assume Goodyear has the technology to change the wear depth without affecting the rest of the tire. Maybe @aunty dive can help me out here

The sidewalls are stiffer / stronger with a higher spring rate than the 15” stuff. Failures other than cuts occur at the shoulder / joint created during manufacturing.

And thinner tread depth dissipates heat better.

It’s a juggling act. Drop one of the balls and face the wrath and ridicule of people on couches everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom