The Greatest Day in Racing...(probably going to have spoilers in it)

Speedbowl14

Ryan Preece and short tracks
Man.... blown away by today's action. Just superb racing. Today has always been The Greatest Day in Racing... but the 2022 edition might REALLY be the best we've seen.

Monaco was wayyyy above average.

Indy was also way above average with the top 2 entering turn 1 on the last lap side-by-side.

The Coke 600 was the greatest 600 ever... or at least in the top 3.

All 3 racing series really seem to have momentum going their way. Great attendance at all three. 3 safe events. 3 world-class racing series that made a TON of new fans today. I did not know who was going to win ANY of the races within the last 10 laps...5 laps... or final lap.

Usually at least one is a dud, one is average, and the Indy 500 usually "saves" the day for true racing action. Not at all the case today. Not at all.

Man.... blown away by today's action. Just superb racing. Today has always been The Greatest Day in Racing... but the 2022 edition might REALLY be the best we've seen.

Monaco was wayyyy above average.

Indy was also way above average with the top 2 entering turn 1 on the last lap side-by-side.

The Coke 600 was the greatest 600 ever... or at least in the top 3.

All 3 racing series really seem to have momentum going their way. Great attendance at all three. 3 safe events. 3 world-class racing series that made a TON of new fans today. I did not know who was going to win ANY of the races within the last 10 laps...5 laps... or final lap.

Usually at least one is a dud, one is average, and the Indy 500 usually "saves" the day for true racing action. Not at all the case today. Not at all.
We had a huge crowd at our race last night in Jacksonville, NC.

I’m feeling really good about the future of this sport and its ability to attract younger fans (thanks F1) that can accept change. Because many of the older fans won’t accept electric racing down the road.

We had a huge crowd at our race last night in Jacksonville, NC.

I’m feeling really good about the future of this sport and its ability to attract younger fans (thanks F1) that can accept change. Because many of the older fans won’t accept electric racing down the road.

I tried a new dirt track Friday night... same thing, place was small but packed and with good car counts- better than I expected with gas over $4.50 here in Utah and the tire shortage.

I still worry about how auto racing at the grassroots level will transition to modernity in the next 30 years (won't be able to make a street stock or hobby stock outta todays street cars) but yes the future for auto racing as a whole is brighter now than a decade ago, imo.

I tried a new dirt track Friday night... same thing, place was small but packed and with good car counts- better than I expected with gas over $4.50 here in Utah and the tire shortage.

I still worry about how auto racing at the grassroots level will transition to modernity in the next 30 years (won't be able to make a street stock or hobby stock outta todays street cars) but yes the future for auto racing as a whole is brighter now than a decade ago, imo.
Special built cars like modifieds and late models are the future imo. Entry level classes like 4 cylinders and street stocks are about dead here in the northeast. Any given night the sportsman modifieds and the big block modifieds have car counts in the 20s or higher while the 4 cylinders are luck to have 10

Special built cars like modifieds and late models are the future imo. Entry level classes like 4 cylinders and street stocks are about dead here in the northeast. Any given night the sportsman modifieds and the big block modifieds have car counts in the 20s or higher while the 4 cylinders are luck to have 10

4 cylinders are strong in my region.

I think the electric car boom will result in a lot more four cylinder Any Car/Bomber cars becoming available.

We were definitely spoiled this year, for sure.

Monaco was a hot mess, which if nothing else, made things entertaining from a commentary perspective, and ultimately, it at least became close parade laps towards the end. I was expecting the Indy 500 to be the best race of the day, as it usually is, but even as good as it was this year, the 600 was just incredible. I had more fun watching that race than I've had in a long time.

This morning, I did what I should have done last year and bought myself some Daniel Suarez/Trackhouse swag. Win, lose, or draw, that's my mans and them.

giphy.gif

It is my favorite racing day. I always watch Monaco but it is terrible race, there are no passing zones, it is a parade.

Indy is my favorite race of the day and it seems to go by fast. I find myself holding my breath during the last laps.

The 600 is a long race and it is a test of the cars, teams, and drivers.

I want another oval race at Charlotte, that was so much fun. I would say make the Roval the All Star Race and the fall race in the playoffs on the oval. Maybe even one day Charlotte could host the Cup Championship Race. I’m so excited and happy for the sport and this car, I think they finally got it right at 1.5’s....or at least on a healthy path to getting it right.

Back
Top Bottom