The Greatest Spectacle In Racing 2013 - General Discussion thread

So qualifying for the 500 isn't the traditional 4 lap average? I'm kinda bummed about that. I have to admit the current qualifying procedure is more fun to watch but Indy should keep some traditions.

So qualifying for the 500 isn't the traditional 4 lap average? I'm kinda bummed about that. I have to admit the current qualifying procedure is more fun to watch but Indy should keep some traditions.
It is still the fastest 4 lap average, but the fastest 9 cars before 4:00 get re-racked and have a 'shootout' until 6:00. What will happen eventually is that someone in the 'fast 9' will be the fastest in the 'shootout', but slower than another driver's earlier time, because of weather or other variable track conditions. It will be the worst thing to happen since they eliminated the 'Snake Pit'.

Conor Daley christened the Turn 1 wall today in A.J.'s second car. He's okay.
http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.co...cathed-from-first-indy-accident-of-the-month/

Tomorrow (and through the weekend), the cars get 10 more lbs of boost. Gimmicks like this and push-to-pass suck, but it's supposed to give them another 4-5 mph. They've been running up to 225 in packs (that is, with a draft), so they could be close to 230 tomorrow. They never run as fast on Saturday as they do on the Friday before, which is why that has always been the best day to be at the track.

Tomorrow (and through the weekend), the cars get 10 more lbs of boost.

What.... :confused: ? What is IndyCar thinking?

I actually like the overtake button. I think they should have a certain amount that resets per lap (like F1 and KERS) rather than having a limited amount that you have to make last for the whole race.

Conor Daley christened the Turn 1 wall today in A.J.'s second car. He's okay.
http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.co...cathed-from-first-indy-accident-of-the-month/

Tomorrow (and through the weekend), the cars get 10 more lbs of boost. Gimmicks like this and push-to-pass suck, but it's supposed to give them another 4-5 mph. They've been running up to 225 in packs (that is, with a draft), so they could be close to 230 tomorrow. They never run as fast on Saturday as they do on the Friday before, which is why that has always been the best day to be at the track.

With all the improvments they made with the DW12 they still have not found a way to keep the cars on the ground.

Viso just turned in a lap of 229.5 and there is still 4 and a half hours of practice to go for today.

Hope we get past this first day without major incident.

Lot's of incentive for those young guys trying to make a name for themselves.

my all-time favorite Indy car with Parnelli Jones behind the wheel

STP turbine car.jpg

from when the Brickyard was still the Brickyard, and the mechanic went along for the ride . . .

8A - Indy Car.jpg

Back
Top Bottom