The Inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Per WJZ -- Construction of the 2 mile street course and other facilities have begun in Downtown Baltimore for the Inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix.

:partytime

Thats cool.....Street courses by nature dont usually have a lot of passing options. Whats the Baltimore circuit like in this regard...?

Thats cool.....Street courses by nature dont usually have a lot of passing options. Whats the Baltimore circuit like in this regard...?

It's similar to Long Beach in some ways but different layout than any other street course in IRL.

Unlike Brazil and the other tracks as well, the pavement will be fresh... they've been paving the streets for about a year in preparation of this race.

It's similar to Long Beach in some ways but different layout than any other street course in IRL.

Unlike Brazil and the other tracks as well, the pavement will be fresh... they've been paving the streets for about a year in preparation of this race.

I guess it is similar....was looking to see if you have a harbor and were running around it.....but the "proposed" course I just looked at doesnt reach to the water. It has 2 hairpins by the look of it with the straightaway on W. Pratt. Is that what they ended up going with?

I look forward to seeing the inaugural event.

I've been debating going down there for this race since it's so close to me but I think I'll just stay home and watch it in hd. HD has really spoiled me though lol

I've been debating going down there for this race since it's so close to me but I think I'll just stay home and watch it in hd. HD has really spoiled me though lol

Spend the money and buy a ticket to see the race in person. The sounds and the smells are not captured in a TV broadcast. Plus, the IZOD races always bring out the "eye candy" (if you know what I mean) which makes it all the more worthwhile to attend.

Set your DVR to record the race and you can watch it when you get home!

I have been to the LBGP for each of the 36 races - since before the introduction of the home VCR even! :rolleyes: I always record the race for later consumption. It's the best of both worlds.

I guess it is similar....was looking to see if you have a harbor and were running around it.....but the "proposed" course I just looked at doesnt reach to the water. It has 2 hairpins by the look of it with the straightaway on W. Pratt. Is that what they ended up going with?

I look forward to seeing the inaugural event.

It gets close but there's no way to reach the water since there are so many waterfront bars and other buildings at the Harbor.

Spend the money and buy a ticket to see the race in person. The sounds and the smells are not captured in a TV broadcast. Plus, the IZOD races always bring out the "eye candy" (if you know what I mean) which makes it all the more worthwhile to attend.

I have been to the LBGP for each of the 36 races - since before the introduction of the home VCR even! :rolleyes: I always record the race for later consumption. It's the best of both worlds.

It's even better when your tickets are free! :)

Well, I'll be spending Labor Day Weekend at my local track and in Charles County, where my work is appreciated.

Well, I'll be spending Labor Day Weekend at my local track and in Charles County, where my work is appreciated.

So you cant make it to the GP? Seems like that happens to you a lot. You get hyped up about going to a big race many months ahead and then last minute you cant make it.

Back
Top Bottom