The Inevitable “Who gets the #44?” Thread

probably noone I think brian scott probably brought the sponsorship with him. maybe his dad go tired of paying for it.

Honestly, I wouldn't have the slightest idea.

I think they take the plunge with a pay driver? IMO I would take the dive with DiBenedetto, I think he would be a pretty good driver for RPM. Maybe Biffle, if that JTG deal fell through and help them out some.

Kyle Petty comes out of retirement

But honestly...I could see someone like Mikey Waltrip driving that car part-time next year.

I hope Ford gets Buescher in it considering it seems likely that the 16 team will shut down at seasons end, which doesn't bode well for Chris's future with Roush. RPM isn't exactly a premier team, but it's better than what he's got. Throw the 2015 Xfinity champion a bone.

Maybe Blake Koch's owner/sponsor buys into Petty and puts him in it.

You mean "Who buys the #44?", right?

I hope Ford gets Buescher in it considering it seems likely that the 16 team will shut down at seasons end, which doesn't bode well for Chris's future with Roush. RPM isn't exactly a premier team, but it's better than what he's got. Throw the 2015 Xfinity champion a bone.

I'm not sure that it is meaningfully better. I believe that Aric Almirola is better than that equipment, and he has one top ten this year.

Kinda thinkin’ a season’s lease rather than a sale.

But if someone offers something Murstein likes - ya never know.

Kyle Petty in the Hot Wheels ride...a 34th place finish is basically the same as a top 15 if you have the best paint scheme. Kyle jumps into that 44 with a vengeance. Against who? Who knows...
But the Ponytail takes his frustration about the new ways of NASCAR by painting the front stretch wall of each track royal blue...right over the words "NASCAR Hendrick used Chevrolet Dealers of North Carolina Cup Series"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I certainly think they are looking for someone to rent the ride. If they can get sponsorship and he is foolish enough to take the job, they could use Bowman. Obviously no chevy team is using him.

I'm hoping Tyler Reddick (he brought some funds to BKR) or Landon Cassill brings Snap Fitness over to the 44.

If they aren't ringing Bowman's phone off the hook they are missing the boat for sure.
Some sponsor is losing out if they don't grab this kid.

Im thinking Casey Mears because he does not have a contract for next season with Germain in the #13 (i think Ty Dillon will be in the #13 next year)

If they aren't ringing Bowman's phone off the hook they are missing the boat for sure.
Some sponsor is losing out if they don't grab this kid.
Hendrick needs to find some way to lock him in. The second-to-last restart at Phoenix with 45 or so left had eight Chasers in positions 1 - 8. He went by seven of them like nobody's business, and that was after leading most of the day.

It'll be easy once Junior makes the announcement.

At some point though if there's an open seat like the 12 Penske Xfinity ride. You take it because it's a top tier ride over sitting around for Dale to retire. At least I hope he gets the ride over Tyler Reddick.

FWIW I think Dale's still done.

Some people think Buesher may be the next to get into the #44.
Buescher is considered a front runner for the ***rumored*** 2nd JTG car.

My dark horse for the 44: Regan Smith

Yeah, maybe Smith could bring the lost sponsorship from the 7 team (Nikko/Toy State was scheduled for 17 races next year, Golden Corral for 4, Fire Alarm for 2) over.

Back
Top Bottom