The Inevitable “Who gets the #44?” Thread

I think Daniel is more deserving of a ride than Erik.
So do I. They might think they are getting another Kyle and maybe just end up with another smart mouth. During today's race Jones sounded like a whiny little kid.

So do I. They might think they are getting another Kyle and maybe just end up with another smart mouth. During today's race Jones sounded like a whiny little kid.
No he didn't. What I saw he just said Whitt didn't try to go at the green.

He is just like Kyle, they're both champions

Yes Erik sucks he only had 4 wins, 10 poles, and led 2 times the laps of his closest competitor, and won the trucks title as an 18 year old rookie. I was happy Suarez won but also disappointed Erik can't go for the champion triple crown, I think he had a great shot at it. But he has his ride locked up in cup and will be a star for years to come, in the grand scheme of things Suarez needed this title more

IMO, Jones is just another 90/10 driver thats a detriment to the team when the car isn't on rails. The commentators tonight talked about the crew chief having to calm
Erik down, he was self destructing when the car wasn't to his liking.
Its a huge disappointment to his fans failing to win the Xfinity championship, especially since he had the best of everything.

Last edited:
IMO, Jones is just another 90/10 driver thats a detriment to the team when the car isn't on rails. The commentators tonight talked about the crew chief having to calm
Erik down, he was self destructing when the car wasn't to his liking.

Thank you. Looks like we watched the same race. Others had their worship glasses on.
:D

Yes Erik sucks he only had 4 wins, 10 poles, and led 2 times the laps of his closest competitor, and won the trucks title as an 18 year old rookie. I was happy Suarez won but also disappointed Erik can't go for the champion triple crown, I think he had a great shot at it. But he has his ride locked up in cup and will be a star for years to come, in the grand scheme of things Suarez needed this title more

It came down to two things:

Consistency and maturity. Suarez had two of those things locked up and won the championship, its not that Jones isn't fast, its just he gets frustrated and rattled a bit too easy. Also, he pushed too hard and got into the wall so many times yesterday.

He's ready, but he's going to be pretty good when he gets older.

Jones and the 20 team beat themselves a few times this year. That being said, this kid is an amazing talent. He will learn. In fact, I'll go ahead and make my bold prediction for 2017 and say, Jones will be in the final 8 next year.

Back
Top Bottom