The Kansas race....

P

PenskeGirl

Is it just me, or did anyone else find it rather rude that A.J. had his grandson in the winner's circle when Airton won the race in Kansas ? A.J. IV had his moment in the spotlight the day before, there was no reason to have him in Airton's spotlight. The camera focused on both AJ's and the announcer talked to both of them first before going over to Airton. I just thought that it was tasteless and was wondering if anyone else did too.

I didn't see that. I think it was very unprofessional of the reporter. His first job, in my opinion, is to talk to the winner. Anything else should be secondary.

PenskeGirl,
Seems just like typical A.J. to me. It is unfortunate for Airton, and that A.J. IV may learn to think this way, but for many years this is the way A.J. is. Maybe the rest of his family doesn't have an ego, cause A.J. got it all.

Aj's grandson works on Dare's car he is the right front tire changer so his grandson had all the reason to be in victory lane!!!!

Yes, he has all the reason to be in victory lane with the pit crew. But, he was standing with his grandfather, who was standing off to the side of Airton and the camera went to grandpa and grandson first, then Airton. The rest of the crew was not there at the time. That's what I found to be rude. If IV had been there with the pit crew, I wouldn't have thought anything of it, but that wasn't the case at all. LOL, I know the guy that's the right rear tire changer for Helio, who has won more than Airton and the camera never goes to him in victory lane, esp before it goes to the driver......

Welkl you also have to think that he did win the IPS race and maybe ESPN wanted to interveiw him as well and help people realise what a great weekend that was for the Foyt team.

Originally posted by PettyBenson4510
Welkl you also have to think that he did win the IPS race and maybe ESPN wanted to interveiw him as well and help people realise what a great weekend that was for the Foyt team.

But then, they should interview him someplace away from victory circle and away from Dare.

I have to say I find the whole IRL circus rather tasteless, so this bit of one-upmanship is no surprise. CART may yet die, but the IRL needs to mature.

Back
Top Bottom