The Last American Fantasy Racing League

Charlie Spencer

Road courses and short tracks.
(With apologies to Junior Johnson and Tom Wolfe)

I guess everyone knows by now that Yahoo and Fox are out of the NASCAR fantasy racing game. If you're looking for a replacement, may I suggest giving my league a try. We've been running the same basic format for over 15 years. Here's the short version:
  • Drivers are sorted into five groups, based on current points standings.
  • Each week, pick one driver from each group for a team of five drivers.
  • You get the points earned by each of your drivers, including stage and finishing points.
  • You can only pick a driver nine times during the 36-race season.
  • Teams are cleared after each race; you pick a new team every week.
  • Drivers are resorted within the groups after each race, based on the latest points standings.
  • The player with the most points at the end of the season is the winner.
  • There is a $5 fee for the entire season. The first six races are free, so you can decide if you like the game. No Nature's Bakery brownies, please.
The web application we use provides live scoring during the race, with unofficial results as soon as the race is over. It also keeps track for you on how many times you've used each driver. There are no playoffs or elimination rounds. Everyone plays everyone else each week; there are no pairings or individual match-ups.

If you're interested or have questions, you can reply to me here or send me a peer message.

League Home Page:
upload_2018-1-13_17-53-53.png

Driver Selection Page:
upload_2018-1-13_17-56-15.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-13_17-54-54.png
    upload_2018-1-13_17-54-54.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 178
(With apologies to Junior Johnson and Tom Wolfe)

I guess everyone knows by now that Yahoo and Fox are out of the NASCAR fantasy racing game. If you're looking for a replacement, may I suggest giving my league a try. We've been running the same basic format for over 15 years. Here's the short version:
  • Drivers are sorted into five groups, based on current points standings.
  • Each week, pick one driver from each group for a team of five drivers.
  • You get the points earned by each of your drivers, including stage and finishing points.
  • You can only pick a driver nine times during the 36-race season.
  • Teams are cleared after each race; you pick a new team every week.
  • Drivers are resorted within the groups after each race, based on the latest points standings.
  • The player with the most points at the end of the season is the winner.
  • There is a $5 fee for the entire season. The first six races are free, so you can decide if you like the game. No Nature's Bakery brownies, please.
The web application we use provides live scoring during the race, with unofficial results as soon as the race is over. It also keeps track for you on how many times you've used each driver. There are no playoffs or elimination rounds. Everyone plays everyone else each week; there are no pairings or individual match-ups.

If you're interested or have questions, you can reply to me here or send me a peer message.

League Home Page:
View attachment 31908

Driver Selection Page:
View attachment 31910

Will you be posting payment instructions on the thread or by pm

Will you be posting payment instructions on the thread or by pm
If I set the PayPal account up properly, payment can be made that way. I'll have to ask for patience from the first couple of people who use that method; I have to learn what account information to give you and how it works from my end.

I also accept personal checks via snail mail. If you prefer that method, I discount the dues to $4.50 to compensate for the cost of the stamp.

I'll even accept cash, if you trust it in the mail or feel like driving to central South Carolina.

I have to learn what account information to give you and how it works from my end.
All that's needed is your Paypal account email address. I've used nothing but Paypal to send money for years. It's really easy. If I wanted to send you money I would access my account, enter your account number and the amount and click send.

I'll give this a whirl. Thanks Charlie Spencer for presenting it. I will pm you.

Count me in, thanks for posting! I knew Yahoo was out, but didn't realize Fox also cut theirs. Thanks again!

All that's needed is your Paypal account email address. I've used nothing but Paypal to send money for years. It's really easy. If I wanted to send you money I would access my account, enter your account number and the amount and click send.
Sounds like a deal. I’ll take $50 please. :D

I should have included this in the original post!

If you want to play, send me a peer message with
  • your name,
  • e-mail address,
  • team name,
  • a password (I can make one up if you'd prefer),
  • and any questions you may have.
I'll reply to you with my private e-mail address and then add your team to the FanStar web site. After I set up, you'll receive an invitation from FanStar via e-mail to the address you provided.

Bump again. I'll probably toss in one more next weekend, but that'll be the last one for the year.

Did I mention that once the annual operating costs ($40 for the FanStar web site) are covered, any remaining dues will be donated to Racing Forums? ;)

Back
Top Bottom