The New Racing Team Alliance

That's the strange thing. Someone was wondering if the TV contract specifies that the big teams must race. If so, that list may mirror RTA members.
One of the old CART communications directors said he's almost certain the RTA will have some leverage there as he believes the contracts specify a certain number of cars and possibly even a certain number of cars inside the top X in points that have to be in the field. He said when he did his first deal with ESPN they had to guarantee at least 18 cars, and this was thirty years ago.

wild azz guess on tv $$ compromise. ??
maybe %'s stay tha same..........25 / 65 / 10 as in contract.
but tracks just pay out more of tha new tv $$ ta teams each race than currently . ??

reason bruton ain't cozy w/ rta ? ha!

I dont think anything resembling a strike will ever happen.
The RTA might be angry and I do believe their concerns or agenda is legitimate.

But most of those owners have invested a lot of years into Nascar. Even if a few renegades exsist, getting a consensus and forming a singe voiced solidarity on the most contentious matters, will be almost impossibile to attain.

It doesnt mean I symapathize with Brian, it is just the way things work. If much happens at all as a result, I am expecting it to be handled behind closed doors, and for the outcome to be compromised at best.

Any changes will also be attached to verbiage reaffirming their love for Brian. Attila has to maintain his ego, and in 30:years some lackey reporting for a service that Nascar owns will be praising him for saving the day. Pravda.

I just hope for more transparency in NASCAR decision making, so fan feedback can be considered along the way.

Yes, it is in the contract just before the verbiage on NASCAR having to start a 43 car field.
blink.gif

One of the old CART communications directors said he's almost certain the RTA will have some leverage there as he believes the contracts specify a certain number of cars and possibly even a certain number of cars inside the top X in points that have to be in the field. He said when he did his first deal with ESPN they had to guarantee at least 18 cars, and this was thirty years ago.

:D

Even if it is just about hotels, flights and insurance now, the infrastructure is in place for them to make more serious demands down the road.
Here's my opinion on whats next...Rob Kaufmann will sidestep the NASCRAP BRASS and go directly to FOX & NBC...He will explain that the teams can no longer afford to traverse the country back and forth like the current schedule demands...So certain RTA teams will announce that due to lack of sponsorship/funding they will not be making the TREK from Charlotte to (lets say) Sonoma...Now if 3 of the BIG teams do this, it forces NASCRAP"s hand to either dig into their pockets and pay for the lack of senceibility in schedule making...or be subject to the ramifacations of not having a full field as spelled out in the TV CONTRACT

Here's my opinion on whats next...Rob Kaufmann will sidestep the NASCRAP BRASS and go directly to FOX & NBC...He will explain that the teams can no longer afford to traverse the country back and forth like the current schedule demands...So certain RTA teams will announce that due to lack of sponsorship/funding they will not be making the TREK from Charlotte to (lets say) Sonoma...Now if 3 of the BIG teams do this, it forces NASCRAP"s hand to either dig into their pockets and pay for the lack of senceibility in schedule making...or be subject to the ramifacations of not having a full field as spelled out in the TV CONTRACT
:XXROFL:

Could a V8 Supercar Series race be coming to a town near you soon?

aBVxz4AK.jpeg

Race Team Alliance
@RTAnascar
The totally unofficial parody Twitter account of the Race Team Alliance.

41WLAG9f_400x400.jpeg

After a day of robust discussion we at #NASCAR have decided the problem at Indy is the lack of a tri-oval and it's a 1/2 mile too big.

After a day of robust discussion we at #NASCAR have decided the problem at Indy is the lack of a tri-oval and it's a 1/2 mile too big.[/SIZE]

I was thinking that Indy also needs to be cut down at least a mile, to fit the blessed 1.5 mile trioval template.
They also need to camouflage the stands (or whatever they call it) to give it the illusion of being full.
Finally the ownership, tv receipts etc, needs to be in the hands of the ISC. Indianapolis has a lot offensive nerve thinking they truly deserve a race date otherwise.

I was thinking that Indy also needs to be cut down at least a mile, to fit the blessed 1.5 mile trioval template.
They also need to camouflage the stands (or whatever they call it) to give it the illusion of being full.
Finally the ownership, tv receipts etc, needs to be in the hands of the ISC. Indianapolis has a lot offensive nerve thinking they truly deserve a race date otherwise.

I heard it cost north of ten million in fees for Nascar to run there. Not going to pry that date away from the George family from their side anyway. They happy happy happy.

@JennaFryer

Word on the street is the consensus voice from RTA (current, voting members) is that Daytona testing is a waste of money & they over it.

RTA believes the Daytona 500 can still be marketed with drivers doing appearances, etc., and not spending $$ for 3 days on track for 1 lap

@JennaFryer

Word on the street is the consensus voice from RTA (current, voting members) is that Daytona testing is a waste of money & they over it.

RTA believes the Daytona 500 can still be marketed with drivers doing appearances, etc., and not spending $$ for 3 days on track for 1 lap

I've got a lot to say about this. Give me a minute...

@JennaFryer

Okay, so here's the thing. Nothing's stopping the teams from limiting how much time they spend on track. Preseason Thunder is not mandatory. And NASCAR doesn't mandate that they spend a certain amount of time on the track, either.

As for drivers doing appearances. Again, what's stopping them? Hint: It's not NASCAR. In fact, NASCAR wants this sport to be more fan friendly.

But I don't understand how eliminating testing helps the sport. It's televised and it gets exposure. Will FOX Sports 1 and NBC Sports Network hours of coverage of these media appearances.... during the height of the NFL Playoffs... which are televised on FOX and NBC?

****** hilarious.

Okay, so here's the thing. Nothing's stopping the teams from limiting how much time they spend on track. Preseason Thunder is not mandatory. And NASCAR doesn't mandate that they spend a certain amount of time on the track, either.

As for drivers doing appearances. Again, what's stopping them? Hint: It's not NASCAR. In fact, NASCAR wants this sport to be more fan friendly.

But I don't understand how eliminating testing helps the sport. It's televised and it gets exposure. Will FOX Sports 1 and NBC Sports Network hours of coverage of these media appearances.... during the height of the NFL Playoffs... which are televised on FOX and NBC?

******* hilarious.
Good thing I have a doctor's appointment at the end of next month..... I'm agreeing with you. o_O

Hey I thought the RTA was about hotels, airfare, and insurance. WTF?

Hey I thought the RTA was about hotels, airfare, and insurance. WTF?

The RTA is about, the teams have spent years running up the cost in this sport and now they're losing money because of it so they want NASCAR to make changes to how things are done in the sport.

The RTA is about, the teams have spent years running up the cost in this sport and now they're losing money because of it so they want NASCAR to make changes to how things are done in the sport.
I think it's more about them realizing that this sport will fold without them and they're finally putting their foot down against Brian France's BS.

I think it's more about them realizing that this sport will fold without them and they're finally putting their foot down against Brian France's BS.

Many of the sport's problems fall on the team owners. Much like IndyCar. Brian France bashing is fun and all but he's not the only problem in the sport.

IMO, he's the biggest problem.

Regardless, you have a bunch of rich guys pointing fingers at each other. They are tuned to crush each other. Middle class dudes who love this sport will suffer. Don't fool yourself.....Rich guys save money to get richer. It isn't like the common dude who saves money to pay bills. France might be a dick, but this won't make things better---just more contentious.

If a football team screws up and loses a game, the fault eventually falls on the coach's and then eventually the owner's shoulders. Players are scolded and conditioned to correct the issues but the coaches and owners are the ones who take the heat and are fired if the performance is bad enough.

It's time Brian France take the heat for this sport's **** ups.

We better get back on topic before that mini mod dude with the Napoleonic complex jumps our asses. :D

And how do we know the teams have better ideas? This is a struggle all race promoters have - pleasing the drivers/teams and the fans. As I've said so many times, when the drivers like a racetrack and praise the racing surface and the tires and say it'll be a fun race, I'm usually passed out on my recliner. But things that make this sport better for the fans will be met with swift resistance by the drivers, owners and sponsors.

I used to listen to Sirius NASCAR Radio every day when I had Sirius-XM. The day after the race, every week, there was a new set of callers talking about how they went to their first ever race and the sport wasn't what they thought it would be. They'd have pit passes and the track would set up a meet and greet thing or an autograph session and none of the drivers would show up due to "sponsorship commitments" or something.

The team owners and sponsors want this sport to be fan-friendly like Washington wants transparency in government.

Back
Top Bottom