The next great racing movie? (Ford v. Ferrari)

I don’t expect this to be entirely honest but it’s cool to see a racing movie set up to be a big mainstream deal like this, especially being based upon a true story. The casting is awesome and I’m really lookin forward to it.

I just hope there’s another one in half a century where Ford are the bad guys from 2016-2019. ;)

Crashes looked a little too much like Driven

one of the more memorable stories in Auto racing when Ford decided to go racing against Ferrari and money was no object. I have read many articles and interviews about that short period of time and it was a wild time in motorsport. Kinda similar to a smaller extent to what has happened recently with Ford in Nascar. I doubt it will be that true to what really happened historically, but I bet it will be interesting if they showcase the cars of that era and romanticize that period as only Hollywood can do. It's a great story.
iu

I just hope there’s another one in half a century where Ford are the bad guys from 2016-2019. ;)
I'm not sure what would make Ford the bad guys in 2016-19, but Ford was definitely the bad guys *to me* in the 1960's war over Le Mans. Outrageous amounts of cubic inches and cubic dollars tasked to buy a hallowed trophy... was how I saw it at the time. Sorta like if Mercedes-Benz directed their F1 team to forget everything else, and devote all their financial and technical resources to winning the Chile Bowl.

The passage of time has softened my perspective a bit about those days. I hope the movie is good, and reasonably accurate to what actually happened.

Ive seen the mini documentary that the Grand Tour did, so I am going to pass on this one for the time being.

Sorta like if Mercedes-Benz directed their F1 team to forget everything else, and devote all their financial and technical resources to winning the Chile Bowl.

Well Kunz and the Toyotas need some competition, so bring it on. :D

Back
Top Bottom