1. Hello, Guest, We regret to inform the community to Johali's passing.
    Please see This Thread. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

The official RFFL 2019 thread (the former yahoo fantasy league)

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by Greg, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Greg

Greg 2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader

Preface: Please read the participation requirements in this post before registering your team

"Welcome to the 2019 edition of the "Racing Forums Fantasy League". The RFFL league structure goes back to the previous Yahoo Fantasy League, and those records and accomplishments are still considered from a historical perspective and as a legacy.
    This game requires skill and a strategy. Winning a championship in this league is no small accomplishment. You will need to put together a complete season to win this one.

Participation requirements Team names will be required to match the racing forums member ID name. I hope we have a record number of teams, but we want all teams to be owned and operated by an actual Racing Forums member.
    Exceptions hopefully there will be no need, but if it is impossible to use your RF member name as your team name please send me a PM. Exceptions will only be granted if it is truly impossible or if the case is very compelling.
    The last thing I want to do is drive away participation. I would sign on every RF memeber for the league if possible and I will be thrilled to have as many entrants as possible.

Note if you have a team nickname that is very important to you, you can still add that to your team name (up to 20 characters). Just be sure that the first word for your team name matches your RF member name.

For example if I wanted to name my team : "Greg is the best" I could because the opening word is also my RF member name.
    If I wanted to name my team: "The bestest ever" it would not be accepted because it does not start with my RF member name.
    (FTR I am just going with Greg for my team name)
    If Whizzer wants to call his team: "Whizzers Weiners" that is also acceptable because the first word also contains his RF member name.

More to come including official sign on instructions within the hour.
    Good luck to all

Johali likes this.
  2. Greg

The 2019 Rules (copied with some edited and deleted content)

You must select an eight-driver team from among three groups of eligible drivers, each race week, before qualifying begins
    Then, before the race, you will decide which four 'Starter' drivers will race for your team.

Changes For 2019 Nascar season
    A DRIVER GROUP will have 7 drivers. Last season there were 8.
    B DRIVER GROUP will have 14 drivers. Last season there were 16.
    *STAGE POSITION POINTS AWARDED FOR POSITIONS 1ST - 5TH.
    Commissioner can customize league.

Length of Season
    runs the full 36 race 2019 season. It begins with race #1, the Daytona 500 on Sunday, February 17, 2019.
    Non-points races ('The Clash' at Daytona and the 'All-Star Race' at Charlotte Motor Speedway) are not included in the game.

The website provider for the league divides it into three segments, Spring, Summer and Playoff.
    And a fourth column that shows the overall season score earned by your team.

The Overall season score or fourth column is the most important one, and the only one that be tracked on a weekly basis on this thread.

This league is open to all racing forums members. Everyone is welcome I would love it if every active member signed on.
    You will need to get the League ID#
    (The RFFL 2019) and password (RacingForums2019).

Weekly Team Carry Over

Your weekly team entry does carry over from race-to-race.
    If, however, a driver on the 'carry over' team is out of eligible usage because their starts have reached 0, you will no longer receive any points for them.

Selecting Drivers for Your Team Entry

Available drivers are broken into three driver groups. A, B and C. These three groups were determined prior to the season based on their level of past or predicted future performance. Once in the A, B or C driver group a driver will not be moved to another group at any time during the season.
    Use the check box next to each driver on your 'My Entry' page to choose your team entry for each race week. You must choose an eight-driver team that includes two drivers from the A Group, four from the B Group, and two from the C Group.
    The 'Bench' spots are important because each team will accumulate points for drivers who qualify in the five best starting positions after qualifying, regardless of whether they are in the 'Starter' or 'Bench' position.
    Select drivers by checking the box next to their name.
    When you have finished setting your team lineup click the Save Team button to save your entry.

Maximum Starts

Each driver can be in the 'Starter' position of your team in no more than eight races. A driver must be in the 'Starter' position for a race (not only during qualifying) in order to be charged with a race start. Likewise, a driver who is on your team but stays in the 'Bench' position during the race does not get charged for a race start.
    Once a driver has reached the eight-race limit, he will no longer accumulate any fantasy points for your team even if he occupies a 'Starter' or 'Bench' roster spot for the remainder of the season.
    If a driver is on your roster in a 'Starter' position for a given race but does not drive in that real-life event, he will not be charged with a race start. But, you will also not earn any points from him. The number of races each driver has started for you will be listed along with all of his other stats.

Deadlines

The deadline for picking new drivers for the upcoming race is 8:00 AM Eastern on the day of qualifying. (7:00 AM Central / 6:00 AM Mountain / 5:00 AM Pacific).
    The deadline to change the status of a driver on your team from 'Bench' to 'Starter' is the scheduled start time of each race. Please note that the scheduled race time will likely differ from the actual start time of the race. Rosters are locked based on the start time displayed on the 'My Entry' page for that race.
    In the event that NASCAR changes the start time of the race to an earlier time than we have published, the deadline to change the status of a driver on your team from 'Bench' to 'Starter' will also change accordingly.
    In the event that NASCAR changes the start time of the race to a later time (or day) than we have published, the deadline to change the status of a driver on your team from 'Bench' to 'Starter' will not change.

2019 Driver Groups

A DRIVER GROUP
    Brad Keselowski
    Joey Logano
    Kevin Harvick
    Kyle Busch
    Martin Truex Jr
    Kyle Larson
    Chase Elliott

B DRIVER GROUP
    Aric Almirola
    Clint Bowyer
    Denny Hamlin
    Jimmie Johnson
    Kurt Busch
    Paul Menard
    Ryan Newman
    Ricky Stenhouse Jr
    Austin Dillon
    Alex Bowman
    Ryan Blaney
    Erik Jones
    Daniel Suarez
    William Byron

C DRIVER GROUP
    David Ragan
    JJ Yeley
    Jamie McMurray
    Michael McDowell
    Reed Sorenson
    Regan Smith
    Brendan Gaughan
    Landon Cassill
    Timmy Hill
    Trevor Bayne
    Cole Whitt
    Parker Kligerman
    Corey Lajoie
    Joey Gase
    Ty Dillon
    Matt DiBenedetto
    Chris Buescher
    BJ McLeod
    Jeffrey Earnhardt
    Gray Gaulding
    Daniel Kennington
    Cody Ware
    Ross Chastain
    Darrell Wallace Jr
    Kyle Weatherman
    Daniel Hemric
    Harrison Rhodes
    Cole Custer
    Timothy Peters

Scoring (Qualifying)

'Starter' and 'Bench' drivers earn qualifying bonus points. Because qualifying for the Daytona 500 is broken up over two days, qualifying points will not be awarded for the Daytona 500. In the event that qualifying is cancelled and the race line-up is set by points, no qualifying bonus points awarded.

Pole = 10 points
    2nd = 5 points
    3rd = 3 points
    4th = 2 points
    5th = 1 point

Scoring (Laps Led and Most Laps Led)
    Only 'Starter' drivers are eligible to earn lap bonus points.

Most Laps Led = 5 points
    Lead a Lap = 5 points

Scoring (Stage Position)

Only 'Starter' drivers are eligible to earn stage position points. Our stages match NASCAR stages. Historically, there are two stages at all races except the Charlotte 600 which has three. To clarify, 'stages' does not include the final stage of the race which results in the checkered flag. Rather, 'stages' are the segments of the race that NASCAR refers to as 'stages' and end with a yellow flag.

1st = 5 points
    2nd = 4 points
    3rd = 3 points
    4th = 2 points
    5th = 1 point

Scoring (Finish position)
    Only 'Starter' drivers are eligible to earn finish position points.

Winner = 100 points
    2nd = 90 points
    3rd = 88 points (-2 points for every finish thereafter)

Standings : Applicable driver statistics are updated following qualifying and after each race. All weekly fantasy point totals, group standings, and leaderboards will be updated as soon as data is available after the race and we've had time to process the scoring.
    Standings on private league pages display points for all team entries in the league.

When you register or start the new season you are placed in our default league, DGG League.
    DGG League Commissioner
    The Commissioner for the DGG League is Mel Freeman. Mel is an experienced fantasy NASCAR player and Commissioner. Plus, he loves NASCAR as much as anyone I've ever met! It's great to have him be our first ever official Commissioner.
    You can choose to play the entry available to you in our league or not. Your DGG League entry is the one that makes you eligible for Hall of Fame Awards.... (more can be found on the leagues website)....

Johali likes this.
  3. Greg

https://fantasyracingcheatsheet.com/fantasy-nascar/games

1. Logging on to the website or becoming a member is free. They will not try to sale you anything. But it is necessary to register on the website and sign on in order to participate (just like it was with yahoo).
    A. Disclosure they do provide racing stats and crunch numbers for those wanting to purchase statistical or analytical tools.
    B. I appreciate them for providing the service or the leagues software for our use, but I want to emphasize that this is a free league that will not harass or market you.
    C. I personally do not know at anyone at the host website, and I am not posting this to promote them.

2. Once you have signed on you will need to know:
    The league name: The RFFL 2019
    Password : RacingForums2019

20190121_171316.jpg

4. Greg

5. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

Pole, I'm all logged in. :beerbang:

DanicaFreak and Greg like this.
  6. pjmolo

pjmolo Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .

Damn, where did you ever come up with screwball idea . . . . :D

Charlie Spencer, Johali and Greg like this.
  7. Greg

Correction:
    "1. Logging on to the website or becoming a member is free. They will not try to sale you anything... "

They will actually list the purchase or free option when you join. But once again you are not obligated to purchase anything.

8. Greg

From a very wise man that really knows how to run a league

9. Johali

Oh lordy. Now he'll have to buy a hat 2 sizes larger. :confused: :p

pjmolo and Greg like this.
  10. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

I decided to give it another shot and play this year. Iam pretty excited!

Johali and Greg like this.
  11. Johali

Yeah, I'll bet it was a hard decision alright. :rolleyes: :D

12. Snappy D

I did horrible in 17, I think I finished third to last. Hardest game on the board.

DanicaFreak and Johali like this.
  13. Johali

To me it's tough but a helluva lot of fun. I'll stick with my usual way of picking and hope for a top five. :D

[​IMG]

14. Stu Jameson

Stu Jameson Team Owner

I think I'm in.

15. Greg

I have granted an exception for team Sedro Woolley Racing operated by Facing Forums member @Yogisd1 to retain his former team name.

He has participated in the league going back to the yahoo era including a tough transition season last year, and I appreciate the loyalty.

16. DanicaFreak

DanicaFreak Green monster

is the new link up?

17. Greg

18. DanicaFreak

I think im in lol

Greg likes this.
  19. Johali

How much was the bribe?

Greg likes this.
  20. DanicaFreak

two russian brides.

Johali and Greg like this.
  21. Greg

$79.99 for my autograph the exception was just complimentary.

Johali and Charlie Spencer like this.
  22. Greg

Ukrainians!

Johali and DanicaFreak like this.
  23. DanicaFreak

RIGHT!

blondes....with exquisite ankles

Greg likes this.
  24. Snappy D

I might wing it as well....or just pick a variation of whoever is the Big 3 this year every week.

Johali likes this.
  25. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

If you can find them.

DanicaFreak likes this.
  26. dirtfan

dirtfan Team Owner

I'm signed up and ready to go

Greg likes this.
  27. pjmolo

was excited to sign up and did it without spilling my beer . . . .

:beerbang:

Greg and Johali like this.
  28. Greg

One of the finest Avatars ever.

dirtfan likes this.
  29. dirtfan

dirtfan Team Owner

:cheers:

Greg likes this.
  30. Brentford

Brentford Team Owner

I think I am in. It's not allowing me to make picks though. Is that portion not up and running yet?

31. Greg

That appears to be the case. Your team is listed. Things just are not updated for Daytona yet.

Brentford likes this.
  32. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

I’m in. I figured I might do better this year by not waiting until after the Daytona 500 to join. :)

Greg, Kiante and Johali like this.
  33. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

You keep telling yourself that. :p

ToyYoda likes this.
  34. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

Hey, I might have finished 4th from the bottom instead of 3rd from the bottom had I signed up earlier last year. :D

Greg, Charlie Spencer and Johali like this.
  35. Johali

I received an email a couple of hours ago on how to log into the new game. It works and I'm all good to go. Thanks @Greg for doing this. :cheers:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    ToyYoda likes this.
  36. Johali

This new one will take some getting used to. :D

ToyYoda likes this.
  37. pjmolo

Yo @Greg, little help needed here.

I received the same email as @Johali with a link to the new game and reset my password as instructed:

"You must use the 'Forgot Password' to claim your team from last season. Then, you'll find your old league(s) waiting for you."

So I was able to claim my team (Molo's Motorsports) from last year as part of The RFFL 2018 league, which lists only the players from last year.

However, a search for The RFFL 2019 league proved fruitless as it apparently has not yet been made part of the new game.

Or am I missing something.

PeopleAreStrange likes this.
  38. Greg

I will have to contact the website administrator for confirmation.
    But I think everything is okay and align or display correctly well before the season starts.
    I will post my findings when I have an answer.

pjmolo likes this.
  39. Johali

There's a couple of steps to take that I can't remember but I finally got in and made my picks already.

40. Johali

I just looked and you have to log into the DGG league.

pjmolo likes this.