The President

J

jim

I'm not an American nor do I harbour much love for George Bush.
Nevertheless, I was disappointed that the drivers did not remove
their caps when shaking hands with their President. Basic courtesy
and respect. Also, why do fans have to be told to remove their caps
before the Anthem?

Originally posted by jim@Feb 15 2004, 05:56 PM
and respect.
Its cause its only George Bush. :lol:

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan+Feb 15 2004, 03:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RobbyG Fan @ Feb 15 2004, 03:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jim@Feb 15 2004, 05:56 PM
&nbsp; &nbsp; Nevertheless, I was disappointed that the drivers did not remove
&nbsp; &nbsp; their caps when shaking hands with their President. Basic courtesy
&nbsp; &nbsp; and respect.
Its cause its only George Bush. :lol: [/b][/quote]
LOL RobbyGFan ! I thought in all honesty, Bush would jump out of the plane halfway he got to Daytona and later on say he was at the race.

He was just down there trolling for votes for the upcoming election.

He wants the "Nascar dad" vote. :bslfag:

I don't see why a person should have to remove their hat to greet the President myself. Maybe it is part of protocol, but I wouldn't even think about it myself. As long as they polite to him then that is what I would expect whether they respect him or not.

Originally posted by Beorge Gush+Feb 15 2004, 07:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Beorge Gush @ Feb 15 2004, 07:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Parkfan@Feb 15 2004, 07:14 PM
Hey Old Ironhead. :waver:
I think you have me confused with someone else. [/b][/quote]
how do u know he was talking to you

Originally posted by jim@Feb 15 2004, 04:56 PM
and respect. Also, why do fans have to be told to remove their caps
before the Anthem?
What are you? Canadian? :bleh:

I don't know if there is any written rule that says you should remove your cap. But it would be nice to show respect to the President of the United States. :salute:

I don't know of any protocol that requires hat removing as a sign if respect in a casual, outdoor meeting of the President. I saw a lot of respect shown by everyone who had the opportunity to meet or shake hands. At a formal gathering it may be appropriate, but a NASCAR race is anything but formal.

DE, I agree with your assesment.

What did bother me was why didn't the president hold his hand over his heart during the anthem?

Originally posted by steveluvs3+Feb 15 2004, 07:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (steveluvs3 @ Feb 15 2004, 07:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Beorge Gush@Feb 15 2004, 07:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Parkfan
@Feb 15 2004, 07:14 PM
Hey Old Ironhead. :waver:

I think you have me confused with someone else.
how do u know he was talking to you [/b][/quote]
Uh because he posted right after me.

Originally posted by Guido@Feb 15 2004, 08:43 PM
how do u know he was talking to you

I was thinking the same thing. :D
[/quote]
See above.

Curious. you join the board today with the name Beorge Gush. Are you undercover? Tell me you are not a coward disguising yourself.

Originally posted by N2racin88@Feb 15 2004, 10:24 PM
Curious.&nbsp; you join the board today with the name Beorge Gush.&nbsp; Are you undercover?&nbsp; Tell me you are not a coward disguising yourself.
Who are you the forum Gestapo? Buzz off jerk.

Pull the corn cob out of your rear. I never accused you of anything. I asked a simply question. Buddy.

Originally posted by N2racin88@Feb 15 2004, 10:27 PM
Pull the corn cob out of your rear.&nbsp;
I think you need to follow your own advice...pally.

Nice duck and wieve. Just do me a favor. Keep any politic overtures out of this forum.

Originally posted by steveluvs3@Feb 15 2004, 10:29 PM
I guess truth hurts
Which is what?? Jesus get off my freakin back already,I didn't do anything to be jumped on like this. Man chill out people. Excuuuuuuuuuse me.

Originally posted by N2racin88@Feb 15 2004, 10:31 PM
Nice duck and wieve. Just do me a favor. Keep any politic overtures out of this forum.
Omg one little opinion and you go ape? Man you need to get some thickerskin compadre.

Its not over your one little opinion. I am just asking you not to take it any further in this forum. There are other forums for that kind of stuff. I am not going ape either. I asked a question and you do not want to answer it.

Originally posted by N2racin88@Feb 15 2004, 10:34 PM
Its not over your one little opinion. I am just asking you not to take it any further in this forum. There are other forums for that kind of stuff. I am not going ape either. I asked a question and you do not want to answer it.
I don't appreciate your tone,so you don't deserve an answer.

Live long and prosper and don't get me started again,or next time I won't be so gentle with ya. :)

Um, Beorge Gush, I think you need to watch the name calling. It is not tolerated on this forum. (That goes for you other folks too!)

Folks, please ignore the trouble child. If he can't act any better than this, and if indeed he is the illustrious Old Ironhead, then he knows what is next.

Originally posted by bowtie@Feb 15 2004, 10:36 PM
Alright guys, lighten up a little bit, lets keep it on racing
I was,and I will.

Since this is your first day here, Welcome, but how do you know Ironhead is a bad thing?
Why does he get the Nascar Dad votes, White southern voters. The Dems left us about 25 years ago. They would rather have Hollywood and any and all minorites.

See what I mean. For the record I never called anyone a name. The coward reference was in question form.

Originally posted by Tabasco@Feb 15 2004, 10:39 PM
The Dems left us about 25 years ago. They would rather have Hollywood and any and all minorites.
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Originally posted by majestyx@Feb 15 2004, 10:37 PM
Um, Beorge Gush, I think you need to watch the name calling.

Folks, please ignore the trouble child.
Looks like we have another one that needs to follow their own advice.

But I digress.

Originally posted by Beorge Gush+Feb 15 2004, 11:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Beorge Gush @ Feb 15 2004, 11:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--majestyx@Feb 15 2004, 10:37 PM

But I digress. [/b][/quote]
uh oh takin on maj mr. gush that's a no-no :lol:

Originally posted by steveluvs3+Feb 15 2004, 11:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (steveluvs3 @ Feb 15 2004, 11:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Beorge Gush@Feb 15 2004, 11:02 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--majestyx
@Feb 15 2004, 10:37 PM

But I digress.
uh oh takin on maj mr. gush that's a no-no :lol: [/b][/quote]
I don't appreciate hypocrites.

Originally posted by Beorge Gush+Feb 15 2004, 10:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Beorge Gush @ Feb 15 2004, 10:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -steveluvs3@Feb 15 2004, 11:05 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--majestyx

But I digress.

I don't appreciate hypocrites. [/b][/quote]
Than you need to act like an adult.

Originally posted by majestyx+Feb 15 2004, 11:09 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (majestyx @ Feb 15 2004, 11:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Beorge Gush@Feb 15 2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by -steveluvs3@Feb 15 2004, 11:05 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--majestyx

But I digress.

I don't appreciate hypocrites.
Than you need to act like an adult. [/b][/quote]
As do you miss. I didn't start this mess.

Back
Top Bottom