The problem is

The younger generation has chosen the kind of racing sport they can identify with. The rallycross cars look like something anyone can buy. Make no mistake, they know how to work on, and tune those cars. You always see someone with a laptop making adjustments. They are becoming fans, for the same reasons we became NASCAR fans. It looks like something anyone can buy, and they can afford it. NASCAR's problem, it would seem, is that it became too successful, too quickly. The people in charge thought it would keep growing, when they should have been looking to keep what they had. Once something gets that big, that fast, it sometimes becomes uncool to be a part of. Kind of like Facebook.

I will always choose a night race over a day race. In fact yesterday there was a big modified race at the Lee New Hampshire USA Speedway, and since my hotel is only 30 minutes from the track I figured I would go check it out. I drove over to the facility on Fri to see how nice it was and it was a very nice pavement track. But, the race was going to be during the day on Saturday. I got up Saturday morning but I just couldn't get excited enough to go. If it had been ran Sat night I would have been there with no hesitation. I ended up driving around New Hampshire and Maine sightseeing all day.
We're going to the HOF and race shops tomorrow and Tuesday. We're leaving Charlotte Wednesday morning with an overnight stop in Virginia on our way to Dover. After the race we'll work our way up into Northern Maine and then follow the Appalachian Trail Road route all the way back south and then home. The total trip will take about 4 weeks and 5500 miles pulling the RV.

We're going to the HOF and race shops tomorrow and Tuesday. We're leaving Charlotte Wednesday morning with an overnight stop in Virginia on our way to Dover. After the race we'll work our way up into Northern Maine and then follow the Appalachian Trail Road route all the way back south and then home. The total trip will take about 4 weeks and 5500 miles pulling the RV.
It sounds like you are going to have an awesome time... have safe travels my friend. After we get done with our Epping NH race next weekend I will be heading to Englishtown NJ, Bristol Tn, Norwalk OH, and then Chicago.

The younger generation has chosen the kind of racing sport they can identify with. The rallycross cars look like something anyone can buy. Make no mistake, they know how to work on, and tune those cars. You always see someone with a laptop making adjustments. They are becoming fans, for the same reasons we became NASCAR fans. It looks like something anyone can buy, and they can afford it. NASCAR's problem, it would seem, is that it became too successful, too quickly. The people in charge thought it would keep growing, when they should have been looking to keep what they had. Once something gets that big, that fast, it sometimes becomes uncool to be a part of. Kind of like Facebook.

This is my Rallycross car. We get lots of the younger that bring their cars to compete. It's a great time and they get hooked quickly

YMyOPPM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom