The thing that seperates NASCAR from other sports

... Another nice thing about being a fan of a chosen sport is that you and your family and friends can all have fun rooting for different teams if you choose to. ...
To me, that's one of the things that really separates NASCAR from other sports. With stick and ball team sports, every week it's Us vs Them. When you go to the game or match, there's only two sides involved. If it's lopsided, there's nothing you can do about it. With racing, it's Us vs Everybody Else. Fans aren't limited to watching a one-on-one match-up. Some will excel, some will have misfortune, some will struggle to get going before knifing through the field in spectacular fashion. Even Truex is leading 594 laps you can find good competition somewhere in the field, usually in several places.

There are many layers to the NASCAR onion .........

Great onion analogy Matt . Over the years I have been a big fan of several drivers , several crew chiefs , a couple of owners and every make of car . Many new fans don't understand that this is a 'team' sport and there is no possible way for any driver to win a race by himself .

It is tough to loose your favorite driver. But it fun watching the younger drivers working there way up, getting better and learning to win.
When you pick one early on, to early to know if you will ever see them win, it is great to see it happen.

I remember when Ward Burton started running cup races. I felt like I saw enough early on while still driving the 31 car to believe he could win. It wad a lot fun seeing it materialize, at some tough technical places like Rockingham and Darlington.

I was a Dale Sr fan but there are always several interesting drivers to follow.

Back
Top Bottom