The Unit

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
Okay, I know that there are some Unit watchers out there as we've talked about this series before. Any wonder if Molly will be back? Will Snake Doctor go after her? Is Sam going to be around another season? Will there be another season? Will the Snake Doctor kill the Colonel? First the Colonel has an affair with one of the Unit member's wife and now he's put the wife of another close to death.

Enough already, discuss if you want, I'd loved to chat about those questions and others, but here's something else that is germane to the who premise. In real life, this sort of Unit would not allow soldiers who are married into the unit for obvious reasons. My step-son, who was a US Marine, decided to try out for the Marine Security Guard, the boys who guard the embassies around the world. Two things were required just to try out. One was rank, I believe E3 and above, and the other was that the soldier couldn't have been married. I also believe that all Navy Seal applicants also can't be married. The show The Unit is unique in that it always has two different story lines per episode, one of them including the wives of the soldiers, or at the very least, their love life for the one member that isn't married (the last one was killed a couple of seasons ago). As a former military member, I recognize that for every soldier out there, his story can't really be told without mentioning his family. At first, I thought the secondary plot of the show was getting in the way of the main theme, but there have been some very good stories told about the wives and families. But when they actually had these civilians being involved in military matters, including them in their work, that is when I thought they went too far. At least now, with what has happened to Molly and she has finally had it up to here with what they did, there seems to be a bit more realism to the show. In reality, those wives would have been gone many moons ago with the way they have been treated...but that is what their husbands wanted.

Well obviously Col. Ryan won't be back. And, they haven't shown anyone who could step in and do his role so that will be unsettling. At least with NCIS we had met Leon previously so his elevation wasn't completely unexpected. Other questions come up as to whether or not Grey will remain in the Unit after his marriage. I imagine that someone will make a run a Molly and she and Jonas will decide its safer for her to remain at home. Kim will be involved somehow.
We'll know 5/20 if the Unit will be picked up for a 5th season. Which is the magic number for syndication purposes.

Back
Top Bottom