The Word

DeeDee

Team Owner
What a Word

A woman arrived at the Gates of Heaven. While she was waiting for Saint Peter to greet her, she peeked through the gates.

She saw a beautiful banquet table. Sitting all around were her parents and all the other people she had loved and who had died before her. They saw her and began calling greetings to her "Hello, How are you ! We've been waiting for you ! Good to see you."

When Saint Peter came by, the woman said to him, "This is such a wonderful place ! How do I get in ?" "You have to spell a word," Saint Peter told her.

"Which word?" the woman asked.

"Love."

The woman correctly spelled "Love" and Saint Peter welcomed her into Heaven.

About a year later, Saint Peter came to the woman and asked her to watch the Gates of Heaven for him that day.

While the woman was guarding the Gates of Heaven, her husband arrived. "I'm surprised to see you," the woman said. "How have you been ?"

"Oh, I've been doing pretty well since you died," her husband told her. "I married the beautiful young nurse who took care of you while you were ill. And then I won the multi-state lottery. I sold the little house you and I lived in and bought a huge mansion. And, my wife and I traveled all around the world. We were on vacation in Cancun and I went water skiing today. I fell and hit my head, and here I am. What a bummer.

How do I get in ?"

"You have to spell a word," the woman told him.

"Which word ?" her husband asked.

"Czechoslovakia."

Moral of the story: Never make a woman angry ... there'll be Hell to pay later.
:lol: :p :lilangel:

Dee, I'm safe.

My wife is a Slovak and I can spell the name of the country. :lol:

Originally posted by Guido@Dec 7 2003, 04:53 PM
Dee, I'm safe.

My wife is a Slovak and I can spell the name of the country. :lol:
Never feel safe when a woman is in control Guido... :lol: :p

Originally posted by DeeDee+Dec 8 2003, 08:06 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DeeDee @ Dec 8 2003, 08:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Guido@Dec 7 2003, 04:53 PM
Dee, I'm safe.

My wife is a Slovak and I can spell the name of the country.&nbsp; :lol:
Never feel safe when a woman is in control Guido... :lol: :p [/b][/quote]
Aren't women ALWAYS in control? :bounce: B) :lol: :p

Originally posted by kat2220+Dec 8 2003, 09:21 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kat2220 @ Dec 8 2003, 09:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -DeeDee@Dec 8 2003, 08:06 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Guido
@Dec 7 2003, 04:53 PM
Dee, I'm safe.

My wife is a Slovak and I can spell the name of the country. &nbsp; :lol:

Never feel safe when a woman is in control Guido... :lol: :p
Aren't women ALWAYS in control? :bounce: B) :lol: :p [/b][/quote]
uh............mmmmmmm.............cough,cough,sure,cough,cough...............whatever :D

Originally posted by bowtie@Dec 8 2003, 10:30 AM

uh............mmmmmmm.............cough,cough,sure,cough,cough...............whatever :D
[/quote]
Not to worry........ all you have to do is let them THINK that they are in control. It helps keep peace around the house. ;)

It also helps if you want to continue to get some. :lol:

Now..... those Ohio women........... I think they are as special case that might require other tactics. :p :lol:

Originally posted by Guido@Dec 8 2003, 10:23 AM

Not to worry........ all you have to do is let them THINK that they are in control. It helps keep peace around the house. ;)

It also helps if you want to continue to get some. :lol:

You mean they are supposed to give us something????? :huh: :unsure: :blink:

Originally posted by bowtie+Dec 8 2003, 12:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bowtie @ Dec 8 2003, 12:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--kat2220@Dec 8 2003, 09:37 AM
You need some medicine for that cough, Bow! :p&nbsp; :p
naw, I think I will survive it Kat. [/b][/quote]
You will probably survive the cough.

Surviving the wrath of some of these women......... that's another story. :eek:

Originally posted by Guido+Dec 8 2003, 01:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guido @ Dec 8 2003, 01:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -bowtie@Dec 8 2003, 12:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--kat2220
@Dec 8 2003, 09:37 AM
You need some medicine for that cough, Bow! :p  :p

naw, I think I will survive it Kat.
You will probably survive the cough.

Surviving the wrath of some of these women......... that's another story. :eek: [/b][/quote]
ain't that the truth!!! :eek:

Been nice knowin' you Bow. I will put out flyers for a new sidekick right away. Damn.....guess I will see if Old Ironhead is interested. :eek:

(Nah. Maybe Whizzer though.....)

Originally posted by 97forever@Dec 8 2003, 09:03 PM
Been nice knowin' you Bow. I will put out flyers for a new sidekick right away. Damn.....guess I will see if Old Ironhead is interested. :eek:

(Nah. Maybe Whizzer though.....)
I'm not going anywhere. :D

Originally posted by Guido@Dec 8 2003, 11:23 AM

Now..... those Ohio women........... I think they are as special case that might require other tactics. :p :lol:
Now that is the truth! ^_^ :p ;)

Originally posted by bowtie+Dec 8 2003, 11:25 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bowtie @ Dec 8 2003, 11:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Guido@Dec 8 2003, 10:23 AM

Not to worry........ all you have to do is let them THINK that they are in control.&nbsp; It helps keep peace around the house.&nbsp; &nbsp; ;)

It also helps if you want to continue to get some.&nbsp; :lol:

You mean they are supposed to give us something????? :huh: :unsure: :blink: [/b][/quote]
]

Something, yeah......now if only we knew excactly WHAT?? :huh:

Ohhhh. Well, Dee DOES give me THAT pretty regularly.

Whew. Thought I was missing something for a moment there. Thanks Guido. ;)

Originally posted by DeeDee+Dec 9 2003, 03:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DeeDee @ Dec 9 2003, 03:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Guido@Dec 8 2003, 11:23 AM

Now..... those Ohio women........... I think they are as special case that might require other tactics.&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; :p&nbsp; &nbsp; :lol:
Now that is the truth! ^_^ :p ;) [/b][/quote]
Ah yes !!!! And true to form of the female species, they are adaptable to most situations.

Members of the female gender who reside in OHIO, are known by the same terminology as the male species of the area, "buckeyes". Funny how that all came about, since according to Webster's, a "buckeye" is the spiney covering of the seed, the seed being the horse chestnut. SIC.

Does this mean the females of OHIO are spiney coverings for a horse chestnut?? Hardly.

This is a very perplexing problem trying to understand why anyone would take pride in being referred to as the spiney covering of the horse chestnut. Especially members of the female sex since all males know how vain woomen are. After all, do men use makeupo, eye shadow and lip gloss to seduce ??? YESSIR !!!!! Pure vanity.

There is one possible explanation. The term "chestnut", according to Webster's, (1) is a smooth, sweet, edible nut of any genus, and this description, when gender is applied to the female, is appropriate. Deffinition # 8, an old stale joke or phrase; cliche', or piece of music or a very familiar story that is too often repeated. SIC

But let me get serious here for a moment. A buckeye might tend to favor the male species as in referencing a deer, as in a "buck". With this in mind might not the female species be a "doe" ??

And in the situation of DeeDee, might not the "other tactics" quoted by Guido be, the planned use, by an Ohio maiden using what has been called, "doe eyes" to seduce, cause surrender or possibly submission from the weaker male known as "buckeyes"?

Just a thought. Any ideas from the other "bucks" and "does" out there. :bounce:

Originally posted by Whizzer+Dec 10 2003, 08:48 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Whizzer @ Dec 10 2003, 08:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -DeeDee@Dec 9 2003, 03:16 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Guido
@Dec 8 2003, 11:23 AM

Now..... those Ohio women........... I think they are as special case that might require other tactics.      :p    :lol:

Now that is the truth! ^_^ :p ;)
Ah yes !!!! And true to form of the female species, they are adaptable to most situations.

Members of the female gender who reside in OHIO, are known by the same terminology as the male species of the area, "buckeyes". Funny how that all came about, since according to Webster's, a "buckeye" is the spiney covering of the seed, the seed being the horse chestnut. SIC.

Does this mean the females of OHIO are spiney coverings for a horse chestnut?? Hardly.

This is a very perplexing problem trying to understand why anyone would take pride in being referred to as the spiney covering of the horse chestnut. Especially members of the female sex since all males know how vain woomen are. After all, do men use makeupo, eye shadow and lip gloss to seduce ??? YESSIR !!!!! Pure vanity.

There is one possible explanation. The term "chestnut", according to Webster's, (1) is a smooth, sweet, edible nut of any genus, and this description, when gender is applied to the female, is appropriate. Deffinition # 8, an old stale joke or phrase; cliche', or piece of music or a very familiar story that is too often repeated. SIC

But let me get serious here for a moment. A buckeye might tend to favor the male species as in referencing a deer, as in a "buck". With this in mind might not the female species be a "doe" ??

And in the situation of DeeDee, might not the "other tactics" quoted by Guido be, the planned use, by an Ohio maiden using what has been called, "doe eyes" to seduce, cause surrender or possibly submission from the weaker male known as "buckeyes"?

Just a thought. Any ideas from the other "bucks" and "does" out there. :bounce: [/b][/quote]
That is awful deep Whizz, but very thought provoking.

Whizzer,

Chestnuts??

Your rather lengthy attempt to rationalize the irrational, explain the inexplicable and further confuse the already completely confused members of the male gender with your meaningless chatter about the female species, while perhaps admirable, has, I feel, only added fuel to the fires of the female's feelings of superiority.

Now if any of that makes any sense to Whizzer or anybody else, please write a book, or perhaps a few volumes, explaining the workings of the female mind (that is making the assumption that such a thing does in actuallity exist) so that the rest of the male population of the planet can at least have some sort of a clue?

Of course, if they (the females) were rational, predictable and always sensible, wherein would lie the fun in the battle of the sexes? (I was going to say wits, but felt that that term might be going just a bit overboard for this conversation.)

Now that I've almost certainly given the ladies of the board an excuse (when did any lady ever need an excuse?) to declare open warfare on the male population of the world, or at least on this one male, I guess I'd best go and prepare some sort of bomb shelter, hidden far away from any form of civilization which includes members of the fair sex. (And did you ever wonder just where that term came from? I've always felt that in any battle, especially the battle of the sexes, there was no such thing as fair.)

I hope the ladies don't honestly take this post too seriously. They might tell my wife and then I would really be in trouble.
Or should I say more trouble than normally seems to follow me around? :unsure:

Oh yeah.
The Chestnuts question. I've always sort of had this thing for that portion of the female anatomy (actually, most any part of the female anatomy), so I guess that it would be appropriate to say I might be considered a "chestnut"? :p

action-smiley-045.gif

Back
Top Bottom