The Year Was 1960

71Fan

And this my friends was a real live nascar STOCK car.

Can ya name the rookie that drove it?

Not positive, but I believe that is the Chevy that David Pearson both owned and raced in 1960. Won Rookie of the Year.

Golly HS, yer no fun at all. Thought maybe I could sneak this one past ya. I'm gonna get ya one of these days.:p

LOL,

Wasn't sure at first, I had no idea what car # David started in, but I knew 1960. Then I looked closer and saw the sponsor was from Spartanburg.

He first ran it at Daytona which at the time was the third race of the year. Finished a number of laps down. From what I understand Esso's was the garage he worked at and they built the car after taking up a "let's get this kid in racecar" collection from family, friends, and neighbors. Heck of a way to break in eh?

And btw, if not for somebody else getting it right on a racegeek page I go to I would not have known.

Got any idea who has led the most times....that's times, not laps...at Pocono? I know I got ya now.:p

thats a cool looking car. i saw one of fireball roberst at a flee market but i never bought it both times i went i thinki will next time i go there if its still there

Originally posted by 71Fan
He first ran it at Daytona which at the time was the third race of the year. Finished a number of laps down. From what I understand Esso's was the garage he worked at and they built the car after taking up a "let's get this kid in racecar" collection from family, friends, and neighbors. Heck of a way to break in eh?

And btw, if not for somebody else getting it right on a racegeek page I go to I would not have known.

Got any idea who has led the most times....that's times, not laps...at Pocono? I know I got ya now.:p

Do they even track that stat?? Geeez.

Gotta be an old timer. First instinct would be DE, but I have a feeling the answer won't be that obvious.

Besides Dale, I can come up with three possibilities:

Richard Petty
Bill Elliott
Darrell Waltrip

Best I can do unless I research it. And I wouldn't know where to start.:)

I cheated!

I found the answer! Don't know if that's where ya got the info, but there are a bunch of records there for the track that would have stumped me!:D

Would have never put Geoff down as the driver leading the most career laps. Great Stuff!

Nope, that's laps....most "times", not laps. You were close with yer first three tho.....oooh this is fun.....:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom