This weeks NASCAR Fan Council survey

I just answered the 2021 survey, overall I liked the questions actually. But it was interesting they didn't have Gateway or Iowa (or CTMP/Canada even) but they had Nashville and Road America.
They must’ve mixed them up. I had Iowa and Gateway along with Montreal and Mexico City, among others. Didn’t have Nashville or Road America.

They must’ve mixed them up. I had Iowa and Gateway along with Montreal and Mexico City, among others. Didn’t have Nashville or Road America.

For the 1-5 ratings?

They asked about international markets too. I wouldn't mind exhibitions (even 14-20 car fields or NXS/Truck exhibiton) at Surfers and in Europe. Canada (aka Mosport or Montreal) deserves a points race.

For the 1-5 ratings?

They asked about international markets too. I wouldn't mind exhibitions (even 14-20 car fields or NXS/Truck exhibiton) at Surfers and in Europe. Canada (aka Mosport or Montreal) deserves a points race.
Yeah. I had Surfers in that part too.

As unlikely as it is I found it funny they asked for our thoughts on Cup/MotoGP and Cup/F1 doubleheaders.

I don't like MotoGP (admittedly I think I could) or F1 much. I can respect a MotoGP doubleheader but I still somewhat disliked it lol.

I had Nashville, Montreal, Gateway. Put Iowa and Rockingham in comments.

I had Nashville and Eldora on mine.

For the 1-5 ratings?

Why exhibitions? Why not points races? I admit I don't like exhibitions and regard them as a waste of a team's resources.

I don't recall ever seeing MotoGP.

Why exhibitions? Why not points races? I admit I don't like exhibitions and regard them as a waste of a team's resources.

I don't recall ever seeing MotoGP.
I enjoyed the three exhibition races the Cup series took to Japan and would love to seem the return, but that is just me. You make a valid point about the resources, but let me ask you this Charlie , why do you care that its "a waste of a team's resources", you are a fan, not paying for those resources to waste, you have no vested interest in those "wasted" resources , just curious so your thought process on this matter.

The survey had options to pick either points paying or exhibitions, I went all exhibitions

I don't like MotoGP (admittedly I think I could) or F1 much. I can respect a MotoGP doubleheader but I still somewhat disliked it lol.
I went "NO" for all doubleheaders with anything out side of full bodie race cars, nope

I enjoyed the three exhibition races the Cup series took to Japan and would love to seem the return, but that is just me. You make a valid point about the resources, but let me ask you this Charlie , why do you care that its "a waste of a team's resources", you are a fan, not paying for those resources to waste, you have no vested interest in those "wasted" resources , just curious so your thought process on this matter.

The survey had options to pick either points paying or exhibitions, I went all exhibitions
I agree with Charlie on this one. If you are going to race, then it should be for points. Unless some sponsor is willing to put up $25 million for the win and another $25 million for the rest of the purse.

I picked exhibitions in non-North American markets because it cripples small teams. Bring 16-20 top tier cars that can afford it.

I picked exhibitions in non-North American markets because it cripples small teams. Bring 16-20 top tier cars that can afford it.
I don't believe NASCAR forces every team to partake in exhibtion races like the ones they did to Japan, its up to the teams if they want to partake, there would be no crippling of small teams.

It would be like you said, the top 16-20 teams would partake.

I agree with Charlie on this one. If you are going to race, then it should be for points. Unless some sponsor is willing to put up $25 million for the win and another $25 million for the rest of the purse.
Well yeah, that is kind of silly to go race for linearly nothing, I would be pretty sure that any exhibition race(s) would have some sort of purse to make it worth while to the teams. I don't think anyone is asking or excepting the teams to race for free.

I don't see why some sponsors wouldn't wamt an international presence/audience. Plus it's not like they're racing for free.

NASCAR has to be considering this stuff if they want more people watching

Many owners and drivers have said the season is too long, and that it costs too much money to participate. I'd rather there be no exhibition races than have points-paying races that count dropped from the schedule to cut costs. It's just as easy to race for points as not.

I went "NO" for all doubleheaders with anything out side of full bodie race cars, nope
Okay, same question, your turn. Why not? Nobody's requiring the drivers to cross over, or the fans of one series to attend the race of the other.

Personally, I'd like to see a Cup / PGA weekend featuring 'driver swap' (see what I did there? :p) Two-man teams featuring a driver and golfer. Saturday is 'alternate shots' format, Sunday they have to take turns driving a la IMSA and other series. Add the number 65 to the race finishing position to make it comparable to the golf score, add the two days numbers together, and the lowest total is the winning team. THERE'S your Indianapolis double-header.

Yeah, I put WAY too much thought into that.

Last edited:
Nascar races are shown in over 100 some odd countries world wide. I would imagine taking the races to other countries would involve TV deals and sponsorship in those areas. Going to those countries would be a move to boost popularity in those areas I would guess. I really don't care either way but I think it would be cool if they did it.

OK thanks, first time I have been missed
Because reason that no one knows why and is beyond the FC support people , I havent been getting surveys sent to me in over a year, but I can log in to the FC website and take surveys, I am currently taking the Daytona July survey, try logging in an see if its there. You will need to click on the "All activities" link.

Because reason that no one knows why and is beyond the FC support people , I havent been getting surveys sent to me in over a year, but I can log in to the FC website and take surveys, I am currently taking the Daytona July survey, try logging in an see if its there. You will need to click on the "All activities" link.
Yup, found it there. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom