This weeks NASCAR Fan Council survey

Most recent survey is probably the funnest one I've ever taken. A lot of questions ranging from changing the schedule to race start times to double headers and everything in between. I liked a lot of the ideas they presented as well
Yep. One of the longest ones also.

Not me, I threw Eldora in there with a chuckle. Hey I felt I should give them something to think about, I'm taking my time to fill the thing out and I really don't care that much about which tracks they race on in the first place, a good race can break out on any track IMO. I love the scenery at Canadian Tire though, one of the most beautiful race courses in the world, and that one I am passionate about adding it to the schedule, If they can only add one more road course that would be my pick. That track needs to live and prosper, and Ron Fellows is a hell of a dude that owns it.

Most recent survey is probably the funnest one I've ever taken. A lot of questions ranging from changing the schedule to race start times to double headers and everything in between. I liked a lot of the ideas they presented as well
Not sure if it's the same for everybody but mine had specific questions based on moving the dates of the Allstar race, Darlington, and summer Daytona. Wonder if those will be the next schedule changes.

I read an article a couple a days ago by one the of the talking heads questioning Daytona being the first race of the season and then it turns up on the survey. I had no opinion about it or any of the rest. Schedule changes and all if that tweaking never have interested me. I pushed the schedules fine button whenever I had a chance. :idunno: I don't think moving dates around will change the racing, same track different day.

Only track they had listed that I didn't include in the 36 races was Eldora.
That was me as well. I love Eldora, but I think it's best to remain a Truck-only event (maybe Xfinity at some point).
Not sure if it's the same for everybody but mine had specific questions based on moving the dates of the Allstar race, Darlington, and summer Daytona. Wonder if those will be the next schedule changes.
I had two of those and then the Daytona 500. I think I had Daytona the second race of the season, Darlington staying on Labor Day weekend, and the All-Star Race the week before the playoffs (I'm assuming they're not getting rid of playoffs).

They asked me for a perfect 36-race schedule and I had a bunch of "Other" left over after allocating races among the current tracks so I wound up putting in Portland, IRP, Nashville Fairgrounds, Sebring, Road Atlanta, Daytona roval, Gateway, and Rockingham.

It's fun to dream.

I don't see how you don't make Daytona the opener, just the thought of it kinda pisses me off to be honest. Do you condense speedWEEKs into speedcoupleofdays? I guess you could if the goal is to kill off the clash and maybe also the duels.

Honestly I'm sick of all the change. Now we're talking the potential for shorter races, shorter schedule, messing with tradition and transforming it completely. All for what? What other successful sports league is doing these sorts of overhauls? These guys get to drive cars and work on cars for a living for a majority of the year and get paid handsomely for it. I work year round in an office and get paid peanuts. It's called a job. Who exactly feels bad for them?

I know it's not a popular position (tradition and all that) but I always enjoyed going to Darlington more on Mother's Day than Labor Day. I'll be there either way, but I'd rather be comfortable.
I don't see how you don't make Daytona the opener,
I've never understood how the so-called 'Super Bowl of Racing', the 'most important race of the year' can be the season opener. It's a total marketing mistake. It's like telling that new bride her wedding day is the happiest day of her life; what, is it all downhill from here?

Last edited:
I don't see how you don't make Daytona the opener, just the thought of it kinda pisses me off to be honest. Do you condense speedWEEKs into speedcoupleofdays? I guess you could if the goal is to kill off the clash and maybe also the duels.

Honestly I'm sick of all the change. Now we're talking the potential for shorter races, shorter schedule, messing with tradition and transforming it completely. All for what? What other successful sports league is doing these sorts of overhauls? These guys get to drive cars and work on cars for a living for a majority of the year and get paid handsomely for it. I work year round in an office and get paid peanuts. It's called a job. Who exactly feels bad for them?
Signs are pointing towards the Clash going away soon, but it's still possible to open the season at Daytona but run a race on the road course sometime before 500 qualifying. At least, that's what I had in mind.

I'd be all for this.
yeah there were some questions that came out of left field that I have never heard anybody talk about. This was one of them and I bet it got instant approval from the fan base. I ain't worried about any changes, the ones they have made in the short time Jim France took charge have all been good. Cleared up the illegal but won the race, and just today they helped out the press with drivers disappearing after the race before they could be interviewed.

I just filled out the yearly renewal form. They haven't kicked me out yet. :confused:

I know it's not a popular position (tradition and all that) but I always enjoyed going to Darlington more on Mother's Day than Labor Day. I'll be there either way, but I'd rather be comfortable.

I've never understood how the so-called 'Super Bowl of Racing', the 'most important race of the year' can be the season opener. It's a total marketing mistake. It's like telling that new bride her wedding day is the happiest day of her life; what, is it all downhill from here?
I don't know how many of us would just rather watch a Daytona road race then the 500? I bet the owners and manufacturers would go for it. Much better opportunity do drive away from that race instead of on the hook.

giphy.gif

I'm on it, they had an extra survey about a few things that I don't remember what I answered, am I missing something?

I just answered the 2021 survey, overall I liked the questions actually. But it was interesting they didn't have Gateway or Iowa (or CTMP/Canada even) but they had Nashville and Road America.

Back
Top Bottom