This working stuff...

Bobw

Team Owner
Suks!
After my wife retired from the state she took a job at a AV company. They do sound and lights for concerts plus training simulators' for the military.
They had no idea of what was going on with their vehicles back then so I got ''hired'' so I could be on their group policy and I complied and maintained a spread sheet of all company vehicles.
Now one of their semi's has been impounded, Not registered, safety inspected and a list of violations as long as your arm. Not my problem though.
They want me to do what I did before, maintain a database of their 11 vans and 2 I mean 1 semi.
Registrations. safety inspections, maintenance including cc usage for gas purchases, seems some vehicles get terrible gas mileage.
We came to a financial arrangement but this monkey isn't working for bananas anymore. This work stuff really cuts into my play time.....

Work - a four letter word!

I used to work for a couple AV companies, and from what I saw there I'm not surprised to hear about their truck violations as well as the banana pay.
Guys paid those companies back by getting terrible gas mileage in their company vehicles, but extraordinary gas mileage in their personal cars...
Had company trucks with 2-speed manual transmissions (only 2nd and 4th gears worked)...
Odometers were "broken" because their cables had been disconnected to hide side job mileage...
Trucks loaded until completely full without regard to their load limits... until they got stopped at the weigh station...
Plate is expired? Just swap it with one off one of those broken trucks over there... What? They're expired too?
One truck had a couple of ladders chained to it for over five years because nobody had a key to the padlock and the owner didn't want it cut...

I now know exactly how tax preparers feel when a guy brings in a shopping bag full of receipts at tax time.o_O
Their employees are well paid but it does seem like some employees, no matter what vehicle they drive, get terrible gas mileage. Strange huh?

Back
Top Bottom