Those pointless points are getting ready to matter

Having finally becoming resigned to the Chase format, I like the idea that a win automatically advances a driver to the next round.

Also OK with the elimination concept.

Not crazy about resetting points after every round though.

Having finally becoming resigned to the Chase format, I like the idea that a win automatically advances a driver to the next round.

Also OK with the elimination concept.

Not crazy about resetting points after every round though.

Wins are only good for the first round, oddly enough.

This new format is all over the place. So uneven is wild.

I think the first round with the way the points played out, the last race was a ride around and staying out of trouble. There was a big gap in points between the advancers and the on the bubble cars. I agree with Reck, it is a crap shoot on how the next round will go, more so with Dega as the ending race, if a driver is behind at Dega his chances of advancing has more to do with good luck than skill.

Wins are only good for the first round, oddly enough.

This new format is all over the place. So uneven is wild.

Not true about wins being only good for the first round.

A win in the second round automatically advances a driver to the third round and a third round race winner automatically becomes one of the finalists at Homestead.

However, unlike the "regular season" where a race win earns a driver bonus points in the first round of the Chase, a win in any Chase round doesn't result in any bonus points in the next round.

Agreed that the format is all over the place, which is a pretty good indication that we haven't seen the end of the changes made to it.

Not true about wins being only good for the first round.

A win in the second round automatically advances a driver to the third round and a third round race winner automatically becomes one of the finalists at Homestead.

However, unlike the "regular season" where a race win earns a driver bonus points in the first round of the Chase, a win in any Chase round doesn't result in any bonus points in the next round.

Agreed that the format is all over the place, which is a pretty good indication that we haven't seen the end of the changes made to it.
I think the automatic advancement should be worth more than 3 points for the next round. I assume that's what NASCAR was thinking.. Bonus points to start are nice.. but not having to worry for a race or 2 is probably nicer.

Back
Top Bottom