Three cheers for Tony!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEasssssssy Paul,This getting more attention Bill Elliots back to back wins.You should be proud.They don't call him Tony the Tiger for nothing.:D

[Tony is a breath of politically incorrect fresh air in a world of sponsor-whoring automatons and strokers. [/b]

I couldn't agree more...when's he's not throwing punches.

Originally posted by pbunch
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEasssssssy Paul,This getting more attention Bill Elliots back to back wins.You should be proud.They don't call him Tony the Tiger for nothing.:D

It is great to see him winning again...

No doubt,Old age ,And treachery will beat youth,And inexperience more than we think.:D Good job Bill

I just read the article on Nascar.com. The reporter isn't upset. The newspaper he was freelancing for is though. Anyone ever think that maybe it's all hype? Obviously Tony tried to make the reporter understand that he did not want to be photographed or interviewed at that moment......he broke into a trot to get away from him. The reporter sounded to me like he hounded him while trotting along side.......some people, press people in particular, just don't take a hint!! It's another case of only hearing half a story and everyone jumping to conclusions!! That reporter could very well have called Tony an SOB (or something) because he wouldn't let the guy "do his job"........we just don't know what happened except the one side!! I say give Tony a break......the reporter has. The newspaper hasn't because it sees a chance of making some big sales from the whole mess!! Common sense says there's LESS going on than what the news people are saying. It very well may be just a mole hill someone is trying to make into Pikes Peak!!:)

That "they" you refer to are both fans that bash him and the press.

Originally posted by paul

Tony is a breath of politically incorrect fresh air in a world of sponsor-whoring automatons and strokers.

cheap and easy ones at that.:p

Well, just to throw my two cents in.... the photographer "isn't mad" because he got exactly what he was after, his 15 minutes of fame and a "story". Why did he go after Tony when he knows Tony doesn't do post-race press anymore? To get a freaking rise out of him. Tony shouldn't have thrown punches, agreed, but that is not what I call real journalism either.

Unfortunately racing has fallen into the entertainment business. Instead of the boys getting together on Saturday night to slug it out and see who's got the best stuff and the strongest will. Now it's, "Inquiring minds want to know." It won't ever go back to the good old days either, but it will peak and return closer to it's roots. Probably take another five or ten years though. I still think the local tracks put on a more realistic, truer racing event.

The photographer even said it was no big deal. I guess with Harvick laying low they are looking for something.

Isn't that the truth!!!

Keep fighting the good fight Paul. Funny seeing a #5 fan ripping Smoke.

Originally posted by paul
I really had no idea this board was full of people with no faults.  Had no idea each and every one of you were saints that never did wrong.

Tony is a breath of politically incorrect fresh air in a world of sponsor-whoring automatons and strokers.

I hear you Paul!!

Back
Top Bottom