Tina Gordon in BGN for Talledega

H

HardScrabble

NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series driver Tina Gordon announced plans today to compete in the Aaron's 312 Busch Series race on April 5, 2003, at Talladega Superspeedway. Gordon, driver of the No. 31 Microtel Inns Dodge in the Craftsman Truck Series, will drive the No. 22 Sticks n Stuff Chevrolet for Bost Motorsports next week.

Gordon is looking forward to the chance to return to her home track next weekend in a Busch car. "I am really excited about being able to race at Talladega Superspeedway. Talladega has always been a special track to me."

"I am glad to be bale to have the opportunity to gain more experience and valuable seat time on a Superspeedway," said Gordon. "It is great to be able to race in a series like the NASCAR Busch Series at Talladega, especially with it being my home track."

Team owner Danny Bost feels very good about having Tina Gordon in the seat next week. "We are really looking forward to having Tina drive for us at Talladega. She has had some strong Superspeedway runs and we feel like we have a solid car for Talladega that will give her the chance to show her abilities in the Busch Series." Added Bost, "I think there will be some eyes opened to Tina and this team next weekend. I can't wait to get there."

The No. 22 Bost Motorsports entry has been building momentum all season. They have competed in all five Busch series races so far and are currently 30th in owner points for the 2003 season. The team crew chief is Matt Groeschl and uses engines from T&L Engine Development.

Longtime supporter of Tina Gordon, Sticks n Stuff, will be the primary sponsor of the No. 22 entry. Gordon is thrilled at their return. "Sticks n Stuff has been a great sponsor with me in the ARCA/REMAX Series at Daytona and Talladega. I'm glad to be able to bring them back to Talladega in the Busch Series," said Gordon. "Sam Kelley (owner of Sticks n Stuff) has been my sponsor every time I have run at Talladega and we are glad to continue that trend."

Kelley is also glad to be back on board with Tina Gordon. "We started with Tina in ARCA and are proud to move up the NASCAR ladder with her. At Sticks n Stuff, we keep adding locations and growing, just as Tina has been growing in her NASCAR career."

Gordon goes to Talladega after a strong run in the Craftsman Truck Series last week in Mesa Marin that put her in the Raybestos Rookie of the Year points lead and 16th in overall points. She looks to carry that momentum to Talladega and then on to Martinsville with her Brevak Racing truck program. "I'm thankful that the No. 22 team is giving me the opportunity to come here during my off week from the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series and race at my home track, Talladega Superspeedway."

I catch most of your post's,but missed this one,HS.

Pretty cool to have the Gadsden native racing at Bama's major track.Sticks and stuff is pretty cool too,if you folks need furniture,by the way! :)

I wish Tina well and best of luck.I've watched her race locally and actually she is pretty good behind the wheel.Not a 'novelty' female by any means.She can drive.I think if she were five years younger she would have a real shot in BGN or WC.As good or better than Deb Renshaw,imo.

Good luck TG! :cheers: You and Rick are the best shot for a new 'Bama Gang right now.

Last year she and Renshaw had a heck a battle at Talledega in the ARCA race. Running in the top 10 and banging on each other for postion, too cool!

Right now looks like prov land for Tina in the BGN race, hope she races better.

Been watching her in the trucks, but no conclusions there yet..........decent runs but I expect she can better. The truck team was thrown together at the last minute so gotta give it a bit more time.

I hope she does well. it would be cool if she could pull out a win, but i don't see that happening. i just hope she has a good clean run. and she had better stay out of the wrecks!

Yup the only Gordon I will pull for! I hope she does goo in the race. She is drivign the car Regan Smith drives (#22)normaly right. Its not a bad car but its nto the best car.

Originally posted by 97forever@Apr 4 2003, 06:41 AM
And the only Gordon that should be refered to as a 'cutiepie'! :lol: :lol:
True as well!!!! :XXROFL:

Back
Top Bottom