TK without a ride again

VaDirt

Dirt Track Fanatic
Not good news for TK.

INDIANAPOLIS — 2004 IZOD IndyCar Series champion Tony Kanaan is once again looking for a ride in the series.

Kanaan was released from his longtime drive at Andretti Autosport at the end of last season and appeared to have landed a ride with de Ferran Dragon Racing for this season.

However, that drive was dependent on Kanaan, who does have some sponsorship from the Brazilian beer company Itaipava, bringing sponsorship and the popular Brazilian did not come up with enough money for the de Ferran Dragon Racing ride, and is shopping his partial sponsorship package to other teams in hopes of landing a limited schedule of IndyCar races.

“I came up with some money, but not enough,” Kanaan told the Indianapolis Star. “The bottom line now is, who will give me a deal and for how many races?”

Meanwhile, only a month before the season opener, the de Ferran Dragon team’s future becomes questionable as precious little time remains to secure a fully funded driver for the 2011 season.

damn :( any idea why de ferran dragon racing didn't run a partial schedule for tk with the funding he came up with? they would have a better chance of getting additional funding if they were running until the funding tk has ran out.

You'd think partfunded is better then no funded

damn :( any idea why de ferran dragon racing didn't run a partial schedule for tk with the funding he came up with? they would have a better chance of getting additional funding if they were running until the funding tk has ran out.

You'd think partfunded is better then no funded

Absolutely. Looks what Sarah Fisher has done. Partial seasons with partial sponsorship. The thing is, TK could get exposure by running up front, and that alone would go a long way in landing additioanl sponsors.

This doesnt look good Tk, Wheldon, Tracy, and Llyod all acomplished drivers look like their going to be sitting in the pits this year.
i hate to say it but pt's time in the irl is gone. maybe some part-time races with lower tier cars but he's done. too few cars, too many young guns competing for them. time to expand your horizons paul. :)

i hate to say it but pt's time in the irl is gone. maybe some part-time races with lower tier cars but he's done. too few cars, too many young guns competing for them. time to expand your horizons paul. :)

Yeah Tracy hasnt competed a full season since the merge. TK was a winner last year and is one of the most popular drivers in the series so it would be a big shock to see him on the side. Wheldon A former champ and indy 500 winner still doesnt have a ride and I dont think he has any options which is a shame since he left a fully funded Panther team. As for Alex Llyod many people may not know of his impressive domination of the Indy Lights series he had a few years ago. He signed with Ganassi right after but Ganassi wouldnt get a 3rd team going unless it was at Indy. He had to get a ride from the same team Milka Duno was on just so he could race a full season. Now it looks like he is gone.

Back
Top Bottom