TO cut from Arena Football League Team

mike honcho

Knuckleheads
Source: FOX Sports
ALLEN, Texas -- Terrell Owen's venture into arena football has come to an abrupt end.

The former NFL star was released by the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League on Tuesday.

"It is impossible to maintain a player when even our fans notice and comment on a player's lack of effort both on and off the field," Wranglers owner Jon Frankel said in a statement. "We need to do what is best for this team, our fans and this community."

The decision to release Owens came after the receiver made it clear he would not play in a pair of upcoming road games as the Wranglers make a push for the playoffs.

"It is difficult to look other players on this team in the eyes and tell them that being a team player is important ... that giving it your all on the field every night is our expectation, when another member of this team is not operating by these standards," team president and co-owner Tommy Benizio said.

"The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back for Mr. Owens was his no-show to a scheduled appearance at a local children's hospital with other Wrangler players and coaches."

The 37-year-old played in eight of the Wranglers' 11 games so far. He caught 35 passes for 420 yards and 10 touchdowns. He ranks eighth in the league in catches made.

Owens was introduced to great fanfare to the Wrangler's 6,700-seat arena in Allen, a suburb north of Dallas. His last season in the NFL was 2010 when he caught 72 passes for 983 yards.

After recovering from an offseason knee surgery, Owens staged an open workout for scouts but was not signed by an NFL team in 2011.

If what TMZ reports is true, embattled Indoor Football League superstar Terrell Owens (who, we believe, used to play in the NFL once upon a time) is getting ready to sue his former team, the Dallas-based Allen Wranglers, for wrongful termination. Once T.O. was booted from the team for alleged contract violations, the Wranglers took it a few steps further by insisting that Owens return the 2012 Jeep Cherokee he had been given, sending an eviction notice, and writing a check for the receiver's ownership share in the team ... which turned out to be for $50.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...ance-allen-wranglers-threatens-150431179.html

what's with the eviction notice? t.o. has been a headcase from day one entering the nfl and continually gotten worse. i expect to hear more news about him, all bad. :(

Team Obliviator needs to just go away. Watch the Fu**ing Dolphins sign him. It wouldn't shock me.

Not that I'm taking up for him but having 3 kids with 3 different women doesn't help much.I don't think it's real hard but it takes alot to feed a ego of his size.

Back
Top Bottom