To Stargazer and TNWF

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you guys have the CMT channel, they have an hour of Bluegrass Sounds. Nikel Creek right now. then Ricky Skaggs paying tribute to Paul Monroe:)

Thank you, kat. will have to check that out. Are you sure that's not Bill Monroe?

Oh boy! Even though I need to keep track with my fantasy football, I've got CMT on here on my PC. Ain't life great? Here I can chit chat with my new friends, watch TV and still check out other football and racing news, all at the same time. :)

Boycotting Dolly Parton. She makes me sick. Wish she would quit ruining Blackfoot songs.

I loves me some Ralph Stanley. That man can throw down some good ole' mountain music.

TWF went to high school with Ricky Skaggs bass player. It freaked him out when he saw him on the cd cover.

For Valentine's TWF took me to see IIIrd Tyme Out and Mountain Heart. I enjoyed the heck out of that. Mountain Heart put on a good show.

Originally posted by Stargazing922
Boycotting Dolly Parton.   She makes me sick.  Wish she would quit ruining Blackfoot songs.

I loves me some Ralph Stanley.   That man can throw down some good ole' mountain music.

TWF went to high school with Ricky Skaggs bass player.  It freaked him out when he saw him on the cd cover.

For Valentine's  TWF took me to see IIIrd Tyme Out and Mountain Heart.   I enjoyed the heck out of that.  Mountain Heart put on a good show.

I put Dolly on MUTE:bleh:

Originally posted by kat2220
I put Dolly on MUTE:bleh:

I wish the world would put her on mute. We have to suffer through commericals with her around here, since Dollywood is so close. :bleh: :bleh:

Originally posted by Stargazing922
I wish the world would put her on mute.   We have to suffer through commericals with her around here, since Dollywood is so close. :bleh: :bleh:

We do here in North Ga too! Her speaking voice makes me ill and her songs are useless to me.

Is it just me, or is Vince putting on a bit of weight?

Since they're doing banjoes now, have you ever heard of Bela Fleck? He doesn't play blue grass, but instead jazz. Pretty good stuff too. Love the banjo.

Yes I have heard of Bela Fleck. I am not a big jazz fan. I only like one jazz person. I do also like the banjo. My favorite is the hammered dulcimer.

I'm what you call a fan of almost every kind of music, but I'd say that jazz is probably number one for me.

If you guys love blue grass, have you ever seen "Smoke on the Mountain"? Watched that show here while back at a super theater. Great, great show and they have a sequel for it.

I love almost all kinds of music, but as to my favorite Blugrass instrament I would say mandolin tied with fiddle.

Jazz, I love that Sax!

Haven't seen that movie.

The local little theater just had Smoke on the Mountain here. I was interested in going but had to miss it with all going on in our life. I heard it was really good. I listen to a wide selection of music. I go from bluegrass to classic rock to my daughters music that I can stand to listen too. I like Amiee Mann and that style also. The only music I can not stomach is Opera.

Actually, it wasn't a movie. This group plays at dinner theaters around the south. Mostly, they place gospel music, but the whole thing is a raging comedy. A bunch of us went this summer and everyone loved it. The idea is that this family is set to play at this country church. They get lost, finally find themselves. Have car trouble, and finally get to the church. There is a pastor who is a riot and the family tells their story. The musicians are from around this area and the south and play all over the country. I'm not sure if the sequel will even have the same players, but I'm sure it will be a blast.

kat, since you are an "older" hippie, how about that music from the past? :) We're talking Jimi Hendrix here. A bit different than that resonator guitar wouldn't you say. Do love those accustic guitars though.

Yes I was aware it was a play type. I hope that it will come back to Greeneville soon. When things are not so hetic around here. I think I would really enjoy it.

Jimi Hendrix I like.

Hey, speaking of Bela Fleck, I just saw him. Must be coming up in the next series. I've gotta run for now. Must make a trip to the store and do a little laundry. See you guys later.

Originally posted by buckaroo
kat, since you are an "older" hippie, how about that music from the past?  :)   We're talking Jimi Hendrix here.  A bit different than that resonator guitar wouldn't you say.  Do love those accustic guitars though.

I kinda like that resonator guitar, but I think Stevie Ray Vaughn was better than Hendrix!

Classical guitar (like Segovia) is AWESOME and wouldn't be the same on a resonator.

DANG FINE SHOW...I'll give it 9:) ant that's only because of Dolly!

I'm back now. Didn't get done everything but at least the laundry is going.

Whoa! Stevie Ray Vaughn. Now there is a great blues man. Love that guy. Love the blues too.

Originally posted by buckaroo
I'm back now.  Didn't get done everything but at least the laundry is going.  

Whoa!  Stevie Ray Vaughn.  Now there is a great blues man.  Love that guy.  Love the blues too.

Way too bad he died.

I love the "Tribute" disc and VCR tape,except for Dr John! and own both.

ahhhhhhhhh, BB, Clapton, Cray, Bonnie, etc., even Jimmy Vaughn did great.

I believe Double Trouble still plays :)

You don't like Dr. John? I love his stuff. but some of it is a bit on the raunchy side. :) Saw him perform once in Davenport, Iowa at the annual blues fest. Really enjoyed that.

Back
Top Bottom