To what extent would nascar go to draw fans?

Can't get much in a 14 x 14 bag/cooler...Tickets have decreased 7% since 2007. They were increased in 2001 12% from previous year so that makes a ticked still 5% higher than in 2000 and that's ok, I know about cost of living prices will go up but, when you are losing fans, you have to take steps to draw fans not delete them. I believe in quanity in most cases and it's best to take a $5.00 hit in price and draw 10,000 more fans than lose 20,000 by raising the price and especially when QUALITY of racing is at an all time low.

IMO, nascar will do ANYTHING to draw fans....Since 2001 they have screwed up racing and would go to any length to get them back. I've read where Helton and Brian would sit around and get completely stoned trying to think up stuff to draw crowds. Have you noticed where they have painted the seats at some tracks to make them look like people are sitting in them. Nascar owns 13 tracks out of the 22 tracks that cup runs on. This is so they can completely have total control over Concessions and set the prices on what is sold rather than renting booths to consumers that use to make a little money during the year. Back in the 80's I use to buy a hotdog and coke for $3.00, I'm not sure what they cost today but I bet it's double the profit it use to be. Since Nascar bought out Americrown Catering services, they can control prices and make big bucks by selling higher priced goodies........The France family are already multi billionaires and still they want more by higher ticket prices and total control over ALL operations even the little booths you see on the side of the road leading to the tracks they get a percentage of the take or get fined for selling on race days. I've always heard that greedy people eventually gets the sour milk..This thread is not intended to degrade nascar, it's just to remind people that their voice is not heard by Nascar.

according to the consumer price index calculator, your 3 buck hot dog in 1980 would cost 8.50 today, and a 50 buck ticket today would cost 17.60 in 1980. but that isn't what this is about anyway right? This is just another cry baby thread.

http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm

The question is what extent would nascar go to to build a track in the NW? ;)

$90 will get you into all three championship weekend races at Homestead. I don't know (m)any other major sports you can say that for.

I got great seats at M'ville for the trucks and cup race, along with a scanner for the weekend for around $100. Throw in practice and that's 3 full days of entertainment.

Dumbest post of the year
Yep , I used to attend many races. Now it's just not doable for me. One in college and one in high school, got too much going on and weekends are planned. Plus I get to see and hear the awesome coverage from networks :sarcasm:.

Yes but in the hot summer races you can't wear a full size over coat with deep pockets to put your chicken legs and vodka in.:)
I usually just take the hit and buy the $5 hot dog or the $7 beer at the track. The concession prices aren't any worse than what you would find at any other major sporting event or concert. I'm not really worried about what I can take in, I'm not planning on preparing a seven course meal up in the grandstands.

These days the TV rights are where the profits are at. Track attendance, while still important, isn't the end all be all that it used to be.
Truck races are at an all time low attendance. The purse is not enough to pay for tires for low budget racers, I believe if they had a large attendance the purse would increase enough to at least pay for expenses. If nascar would advertise truck races like they did back when they first started I believe the attendance would increase. The only mention of trucks are for the DILLON boys which only exist because of the Earnhardt name.

You have every right to mention you don't like my posts. Most Chevy fans don't like my posts because I tell it like it is. Nascar lets Chevys cheat so they can be number one. Johnson would have never won a championship if they hadn't cheated. You can guess that I don't like chevys but I like all drivers because they put on a good show and it takes talent to be a racer. Jeff Gordon is one of the better racers and I wish him well, Jimmy Johnson is a sissy in my opinion.

You have every right to mention you don't like my posts. Most Chevy fans don't like my posts because I tell it like it is. Nascar lets Chevys cheat so they can be number one. Johnson would have never won a championship if they hadn't cheated. You can guess that I don't like chevys but I like all drivers because they put on a good show and it takes talent to be a racer. Jeff Gordon is one of the better racers and I wish him well, Jimmy Johnson is a sissy in my opinion.
dafuq does chevrolet, jimmie johnson and jeff gordon have ANYTHING to do with track attendance? If you wanna make a point make sure it's relative

dafuq does chevrolet, jimmie johnson and jeff gordon have ANYTHING to do with track attendance? If you wanna make a point make sure it's relative
Don't you understand that WINNERS draw crowds? That's why I mentioned those guys. Nascar is making sure those two plus Dale Junior are kept in the media. If I had mentioned someone like Jeff Burton or Wendel Scott then it would have not been relative. Count how many times chevy is mentioned during a race compared to Ford or Toyota and you will see Nascar favors chevys and drivers of chevys. I don't let a chevy park in my driveway for any length of time because of oil leaks or some other kind of pos breakdowns.

Don't you understand that WINNERS draw crowds? That's why I mentioned those guys. Nascar is making sure those two plus Dale Junior are kept in the media. If I had mentioned someone like Jeff Burton or Wendel Scott then it would have not been relative. Count how many times chevy is mentioned during a race compared to Ford or Toyota and you will see Nascar favors chevys and drivers of chevys. I don't let a chevy park in my driveway for any length of time because of oil leaks or some other kind of pos breakdowns.

1)The only thing NASCAR Gen 6 cars have in common with actual Fords, Toyotas ,or Chevys is the name on the decal.
2) If Chevy wants their named to be mentioned more all they have to pay the additional sponsor fee to Fox. (really)

You don't understand how the world turns do you kid. I've had more friends ask me to pick them up off the highway with my 18 year old Chevy cuz their brand new Nissan, ford, Toyota & Suburu broke down. If you're THAT worried about oil stains may I reccomend a gravel driveway

A friends tells me when Fords drip oil that they're oozing horsepower. I told him that there's Ford HP stains all over the parking lot at the local auto parts store :)

You don't understand how the world turns do you kid. I've had more friends ask me to pick them up off the highway with my 18 year old Chevy cuz their brand new Nissan, ford, Toyota & Suburu broke down. If you're THAT worried about oil stains may I reccomend a gravel driveway
I don't drive any of those you mentioned, I drive a Dodge, one of the best trucks ever built. Being 75, I do appreciate you calling me a kid..:)

1)The only thing NASCAR Gen 6 cars have in common with actual Fords, Toyotas ,or Chevys is the name on the decal.
2) If Chevy wants their named to be mentioned more all they have to pay the additional sponsor fee to Fox. (really)
That's one of the reasons we the tax payer are having to pay for the 50 billion they are supposed to pay back, they certainly know how to spend other peoples money, bailout money is being spent on trying to be number one.

That's one of the reasons we the tax payer are having to pay for the 50 billion they are supposed to pay back, they certainly know how to spend other peoples money, bailout money is being spent on trying to be number one.

The taxpayers made a net profit on the TARP! It's one of the few things Bush got right. But that's for another forum.

Back
Top Bottom