Tokyo Olympics

Turtle84

Hail Melon 🍉
The Olympic Trials continue this weekend for Team USA in Oregon. The games begin July 23rd in Tokyo and last until August 8th.

"This is BY FAR the most shocking upset I've seen this year in T&F, perhaps in all of sports, that's how heavy a favorite Brazier was, world title holder didn't make top 3..."

My wife and I are huge track and field fans. Especially the throws and other field events. While the networks focus on the sexy running events, we take in the throwing and other field events. NBCSN has been streaming all of the events through their app.

This year the Track and Field Olympic Trials are being held in Eugene Oregon. The stadium was being rebuilt over the past two years to get ready for a bigger future. My daughter competed there two weeks ago at the NCAA Nationals. While we couldn't go, she told us the facility is absolutely amazing.

We know a number of the competitors. Some of which we've had the privilege of seeing them compete in person throughout their careers. All of these athletes are greatly underappreciated for their work ethic and dedication to their sport. I can't wait to see the best Team USA has to offer in this upcoming Olympics. Good results are ahead.

I still don't know how these Olympics are going to happen. What happens when the COVID cases pop up?

The NCAA just expelled NC State from the tournament because a few vaccinated, asymptomatic players got COVID.

I still don't know how these Olympics are going to happen. What happens when the COVID cases pop up?

The NCAA just expelled NC State from the tournament because a few vaccinated, asymptomatic players got COVID.
Those that test positive don't compete. Pretty much the same as what's been going on all year.

I can only speak as to my knowledge of both the University of Pennsylvania and Notre Dame. Their athletes have to be vaccinated in order to compete. Before the vacations, athletes were tested multiple times per week. Once vacations were issued, they were only tested when showing symptoms or by random testing. That being said, Ivy League cancelled most all of their official seasons and only competed sparingly. Notre Dame's non football programs followed the ACC's guidelines so I'm guessing all ACC schools followed the above testing policy's.

While attending multiple ACC track meets following Notre Dame, we weren't allowed to come into close contact with our daughter at these events. Had we, she would have had to quarantine. Basically ending her season.

My wife and I are huge track and field fans. Especially the throws and other field events. While the networks focus on the sexy running events, we take in the throwing and other field events. NBCSN has been streaming all of the events through their app.

This year the Track and Field Olympic Trials are being held in Eugene Oregon. The stadium was being rebuilt over the past two years to get ready for a bigger future. My daughter competed there two weeks ago at the NCAA Nationals. While we couldn't go, she told us the facility is absolutely amazing.

We know a number of the competitors. Some of which we've had the privilege of seeing them compete in person throughout their careers. All of these athletes are greatly underappreciated for their work ethic and dedication to their sport. I can't wait to see the best Team USA has to offer in this upcoming Olympics. Good results are ahead.

That is awesome your daughter competed at that level and have become hugely avid track and field parents as well.

It has taken a step up in popularity the last handful of years, in both NCAA and at the professional level with the IAAF Diamond League, the way they've been presenting it to live fans, more comprehensive tv coverage across the board, I typically watch all the NCAA outdoor meets.

Definitely, Hayward Field is Legendary TrackTown USA, newly rebuilt top of the line start of the art facility for both NCAA and professional, they are passionate about their distance running and all the other events too. Stadium looks incredible at day or lit up night time, has the feel of pure nature there in Oregon.

rk_haywardfield_250421.jpg

Fully agree the amount of work these athletes put into improvement is grueling training, pushing your body to extremes to exceed your own personal best efforts, often multiple times a day while maintaining academically is a tough challenge. The amount of time and dedication that goes into it, whew very under appreciated, and not a whole treasure trove of financial reward on the backside even if you happen to be one of the best in the world.

Always excited to see how Team USA stacks up against the rest of the world in the Olympics.

There's going to be a couple of new sport events making their debut too, Surfing, Skateboarding, Climbing, Karate. Curious to see those.

Track temp in Eugene got up near 150 F so there’s a big delay for today’s event finals. There were some reports of people passing out (volunteers, etc.), I hope everyone’s okay. I was looking forward to the women’s 800 and men’s 1500, mid distance stuff was what I ran back in the day.

Track temp in Eugene got up near 150 F so there’s a big delay for today’s event finals. There were some reports of people passing out (volunteers, etc.), I hope everyone’s okay. I was looking forward to the women’s 800 and men’s 1500, mid distance stuff was what I ran back in the day.

I believe everyone came out okay from that, but yeah a scorcher in Eugene yesterday yikes.

As a 200/400 guy I'd watch the 800 and think to myself my gawd that looks twice as painful as hitting the wall in the 400 was for me lol... lots of respect for anyone that goes over that distance and above. My favorite was the 4X4 relay tho, nothing like getting the baton and buzz of the crowd to chase down somebody from behind, maybe I should be a cop :lol2: .

She did lose her Mom recently. I could only imagine, she was probably smoking to help cope.

Smoking weed is not a peformance enhancing drug, its not. She'Carri knows the rules though and she's holding herself accountable for her actions. That's all you can ask for in owning up to your own mistake.

Also, let the altheltes smoke. I still think its trival as hell for weed to still be considered a "banned substance".

At 150 F shoe wear and degradation is probably an issue.

The Japanese government will have to eat this.

Less than 15% of their population has been vaccinated. The pandemic rages on.

Regardless of it being a pre-Olympic exhibition, Team USA men losing to Nigeria as 29.5-point favorites has to be one of the biggest basketball upsets anywhere, ever. Brutal, but hopefully a strong wake-up call.

The Olympics will be broadcast in 4K/HDR with ATMOS sound on NBC's 4K networks.

YouTube TV just launched 4K support too. They'll be doing surround sound but I don't know if they're going to do ATMOS with it.

Coverage starts Tuesday night, lots of group stage softball and soccer the first few days. U.S. women favored in both.

Been watching softball, one of my favorite sports.
No fans at any of these events is just a giant buzzkill.
I took screaming fans for granted for far too long.

I'm not really into any sport that is featured at the Summer Olympics but I'm seriously considering getting up at 4am on Sunday for the cycling race that is gonna finish on Fuji Speedway.
I'm more looking forward to the Winter Olympics which are going to take place in 7 months.

Can you imagine being an athlete in the Olympics and your government tells you that you can’t be in the Parade of Nations?

**** Great Britain.

Back
Top Bottom