Tony George is back to finish the job of destroying IndyCar racing....

This probably isn't as bad as it looks, or at least isn't going to make things any worse than they already are at 16th and Georgetown. He resigned in October because it looked like there was a conflict of interest following the public revelation that he was involved in a bid to purchase IndyCar after Randy Bernard was given the boot. Now that the appearance of conflict no longer exists, the shareholders have re-elected him to the board.

Indycar has bigger problems than TG, I'm afraid. Did you see the recommendations made by the outside 'consulting company' about how to improve the series? Unbelievable!

This probably isn't as bad as it looks, or at least isn't going to make things any worse than they already are at 16th and Georgetown. He resigned in October because it looked like there was a conflict of interest following the public revelation that he was involved in a bid to purchase IndyCar after Randy Bernard was given the boot. Now that the appearance of conflict no longer exists, the shareholders have re-elected him to the board.

Indycar has bigger problems than TG, I'm afraid. Did you see the recommendations made by the outside 'consulting company' about how to improve the series? Unbelievable!

Tony George signed them on to a TERRIBLE TV deal and lead the decline of the series - and IndyCar blamed Randy Bernard for the crappy TV deal - among other problems. Kind of like Obama being blamed for causing the recession and bailing out the banks when Bush was President.

I don't know who you mean by 'Indycar' blaming Randy, but a few owners (I'm looking at you Ganassi) were upset about a short list of specific issues like turbo rules, no tire supplier competition, and playing with spares prices from Dallara.

TG should never be forgiven for putting an end to the Snake Pit, implementing the 28/5 rule, and basically 'Disney-fying' the greatest spectacle.

Bright side: a new season starts this weekend, and according to your Silly Season lists, we may even see some legitimate bumping in May.

They were pretty bad, but I think the fact they hired a consulting firm in the first place is a larger issue in itself. Doesn't that indicate to everyone who follows this sport that Hulman & Co. are out of touch, and they know it? It's almost an admission that they no longer understand they're own business.

It's like being on a plane at 30,000 feet and finding out the man flying isn't actually a pilot.

Back
Top Bottom