Tony Stewart to return this weekend - Granted Waiver

I don't expect him to race his way into the Chase, but hell after 2011 I wouldn't put it past him.

I'd love to see Vickers replace Tony in the #14 next year instead of Bowyer. I think Bowyer is done as a driver.
In my opinion Vickers blood clots are too unpredictable for him to take a full time ride with a top team. I would like to see Bowyer in a top ride to see how he does. I think the 14 will be a good fit.

Porkchop is happy according to nascarcasm ---- hehehe
CglIGqHW4AAJgG9.jpg:large

Wow, he was just on RaceHub Wednesday(or was it Tuesday) and said he still had no idea , and what 24 hours later he is cleared, ok, nice to have him back ,

Wow, he was just on RaceHub Wednesday(or was it Tuesday) and said he still had no idea , and what 24 hours later he is cleared, ok, nice to have him back ,

It was yesterday. He made it sound like he didn't have a clue when he was coming back. :lol2: Cool that he's back, and it's gonna be interesting to see how the 14 performs with him back in the seat.

It was yesterday. He made it sound like he didn't have a clue when he was coming back. :lol2: Cool that he's back, and it's gonna be interesting to see how the 14 performs with him back in the seat.
Right!, the way he was talking , it was going to be at least another couple of months.

I'd love to see Vickers replace Tony in the #14 next year instead of Bowyer. I think Bowyer is done as a driver.
I am gonna wait and see how does at SHR next year before I call him done.

Yes, he isnt setting the world on fire this year driving for HScott, but no one expected him to , including him.

Good thing NASCAR cant fine its fans for speaking out and saying things that go against NASCAR :laugh:

What, did you get one too? I just went out to the mailbox to check. None there for me. That's okay, I'm still waiting on my inclusion in the Shootout race @ Daytona. Sooner or later I think we'll all meet the qualifying standards for that one.

You can have the Shootout inclusion. I'm waiting for my ceremonial Daytona 500 pole.

I guess NASCAR has finally given up on maintaining the legitimacy of The Chase.

If Stewart goes on a run for the ages like Busch did last season then he's a very deserving champ. Fortunately for NASCAR don't think they have to sweat this one. I just hope he can get one more win before retirement

What, did you get one too? I just went out to the mailbox to check. None there for me. That's okay, I'm still waiting on my inclusion in the Shootout race @ Daytona. Sooner or later I think we'll all meet the qualifying standards for that one.
I got a waiver offer the other day that included a low 0.0% introductory rate and double airline miles for the first 6 months.

from jayski.

When Stewart resumed driving at Richmond three weeks ago, he was 112 points out of 30th place in the driver standings. Now, just three races later, Stewart has trimmed that margin by more than half, so it's down to a mere 59 points. To qualify for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup in this, his final season as a driver, Stewart will have to end NASCAR's 26-race regular season in the top 30 in points and will in all likelihood have to win a race. After Kansas, Stewart has 15 races left to accomplish those goals.

Looks like he's well on his way to the top 30. Can he win one of these though?

from jayski.

When Stewart resumed driving at Richmond three weeks ago, he was 112 points out of 30th place in the driver standings. Now, just three races later, Stewart has trimmed that margin by more than half, so it's down to a mere 59 points. To qualify for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup in this, his final season as a driver, Stewart will have to end NASCAR's 26-race regular season in the top 30 in points and will in all likelihood have to win a race. After Kansas, Stewart has 15 races left to accomplish those goals.

Looks like he's well on his way to the top 30. Can he win one of these though?
I hope so.

upload_2016-5-9_7-1-5.jpeg

Dale Jr. when asked as to if Tony Stewart will get a Waiver.....

Dale Earnhardt Jr. @DaleJr
He will. The precedent has been set. Should get rid of the rule. All you should need is a win and top 30 in points.
Dale Jr....I agree with you, sir!

Back
Top Bottom