Tony & Zippy

E

eeff

Stewart wants Zippy as part of the deal? According to sources, the only reason Stewart hasn't signed with Ganassi yet is Greg Zipadelli, his crew chief. Stewart wants Zipadelli, but Zipadelli isn't sure what he wants to do. It appears to be a similar situation to that which faced Ray Evernham and Jeff Gordon a few years ago. Zipadelli wants Stewart to stay with Gibbs, but Stewart - though he is not saying much - seems inclined to move on.(Winston Salem Journal)(8-8-2003)

Nice to see that Tony knows who worked so hard to get him that WCup

I still say the main reason behind wanting to go too Chip's is the Indy 500 ride.

:moon:

If this is the case Tony may have had a better chance of getting Zippy to go to Gnassi a few weeks ago, before he resigned with Gibbs.

That's what I was thinking. I thought I had heard that Zippy had resigned. I would hate for the Bowtie Brigade to loose Tony to the Dodge camp.

I too would be disappointed to see Tony leave Chevy for Dodge. What's more disappointing than that is if he'd leave Gibbs for Ganassi, an inferior organization to JGR as I see it. I'd like to see him turn down the lucrative offer of more $$$ and stay at an organization where he knows he can win races and championships.

Originally posted by eeff@Aug 8 2003, 03:20 AM
I still say the main reason behind wanting to go too Chip's is the Indy 500 ride.
You hit the nail on the head right there. Tony is happy with his Nascar career. He's got a championship. He's won lots of races, set on poles, won rookie of the year. The only thing in Nascar he has left to do is win the Brickyard 400. He's done everything in virtually every other form of racing. There are only 2 trophies Tony wants. The Brickyard 400, and The Indy 500...

Zippy could go to Gannasi; it nothing that Target money can't fix.

Back
Top Bottom