top 10 disappointments

P

PettyBenson

http://www.nascar.com/2002/news/headlines/..._dis/index.html

They have PE as the 3rd disappointment. O don't think thats write. PE did alot more this year than most people thought they would. PE was the most imporved team in 2002, but yet they lable that as a disappointment? What did the author think goin into the season that PE would rack up wins and be a top 10 contender, i don't think so. I didn't even espect that in the start of the season.

Kyle's 2002 season was a pleasant surprise. The other two teams were disappointing, particularly Andretti.

this is not in the top ten, but mine would have to be Terry Labonte's second half slip in the 2002 season..........he was so optimistic about his second half of 2002, but hey, 2003 is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top 10 disappointments for me, this past season....

1) Sterling getting out of his car at the Daytona 500
2) Stewarts sorry attitude continues...
3) Ron Hornaday's inability to make a couple races
4) Carl Long's continued unsuccessful attempts
5) Shawna's sorry performance
6) Benson losing to Busch (course I felt much better once Rockingham came around!)
7) Jarrett raising such a stink over waiting on the ambulance
8) Busch getting his first win
9) Mark's team costing him points with infractions
10) Stewart winning the championship

Kel

I love it, people still complaining about Stewart winning.

Andretti was real disappointing. I'm surprised they haven't shaken things up even more there.

Terry Labonte should just get out, he has been horrible for a few years now. Should get out before he ends up like DW.

Top-10 dissappointments of 2002 (not necessarily in this order)

1. Casey Atwood's season
2. Ricky Rudd's season after announcing his departure
5. Three sir. Oh, right...
3. Kurt Busch not being beamed up to the mothership.
4. Something about Jimmy Spencer, I forget.
5. The Bamma-lamma-ding-dong Dodge
6. Ken Schrader's season melting on the track
7. Tony Stewart not getting a call to fight in the WWE (formely WWF)
8. Nobody calling me to race (come on, why didn't I get a turn in the BAM car?)
9. Finding out what Kenny Wallace's scheme would be for next year.
10. Seeing Junie Donlavey's team close shop.
10. Witnessing UPS drag out, shoot, and kill their "Race the Truck, Dale" joke throughout the season.
10. ROBBY GORDON
10. Tony Stewart not getting to fight Mike Helton
10. Watching Mike Helton actually get fatter (and richer)

And the most dissapointing thing this season was the loss of another driver this year, Eric Martin. Nascar has been hurting from the last few losses, I was hoping that we'd have a death-free season. Hopefully nobody will get badly hurt or killed this year.

Most drivers would give their right arm to end up like DW, 84 wins and commercial endorsements still coming in, a broadcasting career pretty much for as long as he wants it. On top of all that he got to drive until HE was ready to quit, Yeah I could see 80% of the field out there lobbying for all that for themselves. Terry should leave when TERRY is ready to and not a moment sooner. He is a Champion!

Sorry I got off the subject, oh actually I didn't....that is another disappointment for me, people actually thinking drivers like Mark, Bill, Ken and Terry should throw in the towel!

Kel

OK, I'll toss my hat into the ring on this one.

1. Casey Atwood. Tons of talent, apparently a crappy attitude though. Somebody smack this kid. He should read Mark Martin's bio, and soon.

2. Mark Martin coming oh so close...again. Great season, don't get me wrong, but that has gotta hurt.

3. Sterling's injury. I don't think he had a shot at Tony, but we'll never know.

4. Jimmy Spencer's performance. He's better than that.

5. Jimmy Spencer's unceremonious firing. He deserves better than THAT, too.

6. Ward Burton. It was a season of either the penthouse or the outhouse for Ward.

7. As The Rudd Turns. I admired Ricky Rudd before this season. Note the past tense.

8. Elliott Sadler. This kid can drive a ton...so why doesn't he?

9. Rusty's streak. Like him or hate him (I happen to like him), that streak was impressive. Imagine all the changes in the sport in the last 16 years. He won every year. Tip the hat to the &%$*#! foul-mouth. :p

10. Jeff Burton. Guess it didn't rain often enough this year, huh?

10...Sterling's injury
09...McMurray Wining
08...smaller tanks at dega
07...Plates still on
06...nascar helping dodge and ford 3 times before daytona
05...Shrader
04...NA$CAR in gen
03...RCR
02...mark in the top 5
01...kenst winning 5 races

Back
Top Bottom